icon

how many sets of outputs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigblackhoe 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
how many sets of speaker outputs are there on an 04 silverado? im going to install some subs in my friends truck. hes going to use the stock head unit and i was thinking, you use a line out converter, but does that mean that theres an extra set of speaker outputs on the stock headunit? if not how would you do that keeping both sets of stock speakers intact?
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

just connect the converter on to the speaker output, it won't do nothing to the speakers.....you just tap into the speakers.

Slicksam

bigblackhoe 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  

damnit i thought i had a grasp on this but i guess not. ok ive got a bunch of questions here they go

1. do you just have to connect the line out converter to one speaker wire or two(left and right channels)

2. are speaker level inputs easier to use and once again one channel or both?

3. how exactly would you go about tapping into a speaker wire, it seems it would be a bit tricky with + and - together.

4. what gauge wire would i use for the wires running to the speaker level inputs from the tapped speaker wires?

thanks a lot in advance guys

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  

answers

1- most likely, your converter will come with an installation manual...if not.....yes connect to left and right of either the front or back speakers.

2- easier on both....some converters, you can adjust each side(left or right)

3- on the converter, it usually has sets(2) of colors(eg: grey and grey with black stripe......the striped one is negative) as for the car...do a search in google for CAR RADIO INSTALL and look carefully, you will click on this link and select your gm and it will give you wiring colors, verify if it is correct

4- regular speaker wire.....i think its 16 guage

Hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic