Intellistart 4 Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toxicated101 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I have just installed an Intellistart 4 to my Clifford Concept 300 and have a few problems. When the alarm is armed the * button on the remote flashes the lights once but doesn't start the car. When the car is running (with the keys in the ignition) and I press the * button the lights flash twice and I am then able to remove the keys and the car keeps running. I am then able to put the keys back in and press the brake to drive. The instruction book states that the lights should flash twice then the car will start as mine is only flashing once I can only assume that this is an error and the alarm is telling me that something is wrong, I just don't know what it is. The car is a Toyota Celica (Manual).

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

alarmgui 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  

You need to do MANUAL START ENABLE first. On the Master remote (5 button) hit shift 2 times then bottom button. Lights will flash and stay on, exit car and arm, engine will shut down in a few seconds and the alarm will be armed. As long as you hit the * button before you disarm and the alarm has NOT been triggered, the car will start.

Find the AvantGuard 4 owners guide for full info. IS4 never really had an owners guide and only the AG4 and Solaris had IS included in the manuals.

Scott West
Anaheim, CA
toxicated101 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

Thanks for the reply, My alarm remotes only have 4 buttons. Cheers

Matt

toxicated101 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I found the manual you mentioned, and it says that you can press * * on the companion remote, you then get out arm the car and the engine turns off etc.. I pressed the * button twice quickly removed the keys armed the alarm and the engine kept running, just as if I had only pressed the button once. Does * * mean slowly, quickly, after the lishgt flash twice. Cheers.

I am currently bidding on a Cliffnet cable on ebay, Hopefully this will allow me to do it from a nice gui.

Cheers

Matt

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
no, on some remotes there's a button with 2 ** on it.
You need to program a button on your remote to do the ready mode.
alarmgui 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  

There are 2 styles of 4 button remotes both have L/Ul on top right,  Trunk right below & * on top left but the Solaris & OmniStart had the ** button on the bottom left the others had a headlight icon.

You will need the CliffNet to reprogram the remote features.

Scott West
Anaheim, CA
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
Did you remember to program channel 11 to one of the buttons of the remote? Any channel will shut down the car after entering ready mode but it needs to see ch 11 to remote start a manual! This can be programmed manually or using the Wizard.
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
or you can ground the BLACK/ green wire from the intellistart and avoid the whole safestart procedure.  you just have to make sure the car is ALWAYS left in neutral, and the handbrake is on.
toxicated101 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

I grounded the wire. I never leave my car in gear anyway. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I find the hole point of having to press a button on the remote to allow you to remote start your car very pointless. I see why it would be nessasary, but still. What we need is a method to check if the car moves when the inteillistart fires.

cheers

Matt

alarmgui 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

Yes YOU may alwasy leave your car in Neutral but how about the guy at the service shop or car wash, or friend you lend the car to, or you sister who moved the car to get into the garage or, or , or...to many possibilites to mention. All it takes is for someone to bump the RS channel on the remote and VIOLA! It (the black.green and SafeStart) are there for a very good reason. Do the install right and know that your gonna be ok.

Remember, when you damage your car, house, shop wall or better yet hurt or kills someone, you insurance is NOT going to cover you since you defeated a saftey feature.

Scott

Scott West
Anaheim, CA

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic