00 lexus gs with nak sys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ilovegirls 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
hi.
i have a 2000 lexus gs 300 with a nakamichi HU. my HU was recently stolen and all the wires behind were cut. i need the wiring schematics so i can try to reinstall my HU. i have a new HU with plugs but the wires (colors) on the plugs do not match the colors of the wires coming out of the car. help any one.!! thanks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
ilovegirls 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
thank you but i already tried that.
i have wires that are..blue w / YELLOW stripe and grey dots about an inch apart..(just to give an example) coming out of the car.
i need the schematic behind the nak HU and also the car so i can put one and one together.
thanks!!!
lagatbezan 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  

This car has a factory amplifier that needs to be bypassed when installing a new HU.  The amp is most probably located behind the glove box on the right hand side.  It is a silver box with two plugs going into it.  These plugs are the same as a Toyota aftermarket harness.  Get one of those and extend the wires to the dash and hook up your new radio.  On some models, the factory amp is under the passenger seat.

ALWAYS test all wires with a Digital meter before any install. 

ilovegirls 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
im trying to replace the stolen HU with my factory one but my wires have been cut so i have no idea what wire goes where. i found plugs off of an older gs..it fits physically but the wires are not the same colors for me to line up.
lagatbezan 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I thought you were installing an aftermarket radio!

ilovegirls 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for your replies. im still trying to figure this out so any help is great!!! thanks
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

Unless you have tested them already, I would test the wires in the car as per the diagram that DYohn has posted for you, I dont think that the grey  dots make a difference, as long as you do have the same colors as the diagram.

Also what year GS did the new HU come out of?? Try using the diagram on this website for that year also, and combine the two.

ilovegirls 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
hi.
it is from the 2000 just like my car. how do i checked the wires? can i just run an amp from the stock HU or would i have to run it from the stock amp? thanks.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
If I were you...I'd make a trip to the local Lexas/Toyota dealership and ask for a wiring schematic for the car. They may charge you for it but it'll be worth it.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   00 lexus gs with nak sys -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic