icon

over head monitor tricks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
any body have any tricks for over head units? If its a simple roof with no sunroof or heater controls on there, I have no issues, but what do you guys do when you have a sunroof on climate controls on the roof?? I've heard of people dismantling the heater controls and hinding them in the headliner, but I'm open for any suggestions.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
Really depends on the vehicle every vehicle is a little different. Some vehicles are a lot easier with sunroofs, some are harder because of them. Certain cars you can remove the heater controls/rear audio controls, and other we leave them in and mount the tv in front of or behind them. Also some companies offer custom consoles which will retain the factory heater controls and/or rear audio controls. A lot of times the rear heater controls will also have a second control on the top of the front console so removing them isn't a big deal. Other times you may have to keep them plugged in for the rear air to function properly. So basically there is no set rules for these type of things, just work with them as you come across them. And always discuss any options with the customer/dealer first of course to see what they want to do.
Mike
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
thanks any other suggestions??
pimpgtivr6 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
that about covers it in my book. I did a ford explorer with the climate control i talked the dude into a custom headliner..i just relocated the heater controls on either side of teh flip down that i glassed into the headliner..kinda added a symetrical look. But agian..no limits..jsut use your imagination and do what you can to keep the "stock" integrity of the electronics.
Later
Nick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic