icon

790xv remote can receive, but not send

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kongo 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hello!  Okay, here's my first thread.  I registered to get some help.... thanks in advance.

So I have the Viper 790xv installed in my 1997 Accord.  I know about all the problems from a friend, including the remote problems, the remote start issues... etc.

Anyways, my alarm was working fine all yesterday, and then all of the sudden, I can't arm or disarm my alarm with my remote.  I tried reinserting the battery, no luck.  When I push the arm or disarm button, it makes the 3 beeps signaling that the transmission wasn't sent (or out-of-range). 

So I have to manually disarm using the valet switch, by using my key to get in (setting off the alarm).  When the alarm goes off, my remote beeps and lets me know that someone opened my door. 

So, my remote is receiving transmissions from the car, but I can't send (that's what it appears, anyways).

What do you guys think?  Thanks!

nguyenk 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Those remotes are notorious known for failing.  Let's hope it's under warranty.  Did you try using the other remote (the one-way one) to see if it is working?
Kongo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

nguyenk wrote:
Those remotes are notorious known for failing.  Let's hope it's under warranty.  Did you try using the other remote (the one-way one) to see if it is working?

What "one-way one"?  I only got the one transponder remote.   Maybe I'll try disconnecting/reconnecting the antennae?   Does this work sometimes?

nguyenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
I thougth the 790 comes with two remotes, the two way remote and a one-way remote.  You can use the one way remote to do everything on the alarm except for things that come back from the brain.  I read somewhere that re-connect the antennae does help so try that....
nguyenk 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I was wrong.  The viper 790VX comes only with the two-way remote.  I was thinking of the Hornet 554T.  Sorry
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
something simple to try is unplugging the antenna from both ends, and plugging it back in.  this has worked on several cars for me.  any other problems non-remote related are going to be due to the installer.
MECP certified installer
Kongo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

can anyone else chime in?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic