icon

RF Modulated Mp3 Changer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jazzy1986 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
I went ahead and installed a Panasonic head unit in my minivan. Now I would like to purchase and install a mp3 12 disk changer like the JVC CHX-1500RF model.
I heard that RF modulated doesn't sound very good and there are static noises coming from the station tuned to. Is this true?
What other options I may have to connect a mp3 changer to the HU?
Thanks.
NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have a rf modulator for my Sirius in my van, and it works great. You pick a station that has the least amount of signal (ex: music, talk) and the most static, then set the rf mod to that station, once you power up the fm mod, it goes clear. I have not had to change the station yet in different areas, and I travel 450+ miles a day. Pretty slick deal with my van being leased to the company I work for, no cutting or taking things apart.
Tim-May!
nguyenk 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

I have a sony RF MP3 changer in my Maxima.  Make sure you get one that has multiple, selectable channels so that if you get an interference from one channel, you can switch it to another one.  The sound quality is like a strong FM station (which it is).  But if you are playing MP3 which has compression, I am not sure if you can tell the difference.  At least, I can't tell. 

If you don't want to go the RF route, you have to buy a Panasonic MP3 Changer that works with your Panasonic HU.  I never look into the Panasonic line, so I don't know if they have that setup.  There is no standard in car audio, so every manufacturers do their own thing.  You have to do some research before buying anything nowaday.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic