icon

2001 BMW 740iL, E38

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ntbntb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  

Did a search for any information about this car on here and found nothing.

Car has the DSP, GPS and the CD changer.

AM looking for any wire diagrams for getting a line level out of the stock headunit.

The stock CD changer has Optical output to the stock amp, but from what i understand the system will change over to Analog and feed the signal to the headunit once the amp is removed.

Also looking for any information on the 4 stock 5 inch subs, am upgrading them to 4 Focal 5Ws and am hopeing for a drop in, but will have to seal the back deck.

Any information about this car would be helpfull.

Installing :  (2)  sets of Focal 136w's

(4)  5Ws subs

(1) Audison VRx 4.300  4*110

(1) Audison VRx 2.250 2*280 into a 2 ohm load

dj hellfire 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
I did an install on my uncles 2000, but I forget the speaker wire colors.  Anyhow, you would tap into the harness at the factory amp which is located in the left compartment of the trunk.  I do remember though that you can use the all white wire as the remote turn on signal.  That white wire is for the car's antenna.  I work at BMW and if I remember tomorrow, I'll print out the diagrams again and tell you the colors.
ntbntb 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  

If you have time and seeing that you work at BMW could you look into something for me?

I am attempting to remove the DSP Amp from my car, but keeping the stock headunit seeing that it has the widescreen NAV unit installed.

Problem being is the stock CD Changer has optical out directly to the DSP Amp. Am looking for the stock part that came in the cars without the DPS system to conect the CD changer to the tuner that is located in the trunk. Would be possibly a 1999 E38 without DSP.

I think the part number could be 65128383857

But all i have to go with is what i have seen on the web. And my local dealership has been no help at all.

styper 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Your car has a very similar setup like my 03 Jaguar S type R.
Its all optical going to the trunk. CD to Nav to Class D amp.
I put in some Soundgate XR4 at my Class D amp. They are very good LOC. I am changing out the front stock speakers for 6.4 Boston pros as with the read and dropping in a box.
I have to keep my head unit, just like you do(I think) becasue of other functions that work with the head unit, AC/nav/various menus, you know what I mean. Anyhow I got the fronts going as they sound great when the car is turned off, but when I turn the car on I am fighting light engine noise, please see my other post for more information.
I would be interseted in how you set your up, if you take out your Class D amp (DSP control), and replace it with the BMW cars that came with out that part would it still work, where would you get your outputs from?
Is the other Part your trying to replace your Class D amp (DPS)non-Digital?
S type R.
ntbntb 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  

Found out thru other postings that the tuner/peramp that all the signals go thru is the same in all cars.

So once i remove the DSP amp the I-Bus notices that the car is not the upgraded version and turns the peramps on out of the tuner/preamp. Only thing i have to do is wire the outputs seeing that the wire is not located in the car seeing that it had the upgraded version. From what i heard of the car most of it is Plug and Play.

Will be replaceing all speakers and subs with Focal's and all amplifation with Audison.

Am dropping the car off later today for the install. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic