1990 Chevy 1500 Power Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phat boy 512 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

1990 Chevy 1500 2 dr ext. cab

Need the wire colors, location of the wires for keyless entry hook up to an alarm.

Sources said drivers kick panel or left dash speaker. All ready checked in both, Not having any luck. The only wires that are even near the drivers kick panel are the four speaker wires and a black wire and a white wire that are together. All ready tried to follow the wires from the drivers door into the dash but had no luck there either, because the wires from the door run in between the metal. A chiltons manual said those black and white wires are for a data link connector for keyless entry . . . . ??? This truck has had so many owners, nobody knows if the truck in fact had keyless entry or not at the time of purchase.  Can Anybody Help ? Just need to know what wires, and where they are at exactly so I can hook up these power locks to the alarm . .

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

power lock---------lt. blue---------------------5wire-------driver's door harness

power unlock-----blk/red or blk/white-----5wire-------driver's door harness

you have to catch them in the driver's door boot or run wire through the boot and hit them behind the driver's door panel

phat boy 512 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Man,

Actualy, I all ready tried that. Heres where I am stuck, I called a place here in town that does alarms, they told to put the door panel back on and I shouldn't even be getting my leads from there, they kept telling me the wires are under the dash by the kick panel. I have all ready tried taking the light blue and the blk/red and the blk/wht from the harness and had no luck, I used that relay set up i got off of this web site and still no luck. I was told since the truck had reverse polarity, I didn't need any relays . . . . I am stuck between a rock and a hard place over here. And If I do go from the back off the harness, do thses wires need to be cut? the diagram I am looking at says to cut these wires to feed into the realys . . . .did that . . doesnt work . . . I know it has go to be something so simple I am just over looking it or I am rying to make this harder than it really is . . .

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

i have done this several times. if you had a four door then you wouldn't need the relays. the 2 door needs them because it is 5-wire lock system. either use relays or a pre-fab unit like DEI's 451M.

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w

"5 Wire Alternating 12 Volts Positive Door Locks" is the section you want to read.also, you must have the motor side and switch side correct on therelays or it won't work.

phat boy 512 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Dude, I will try that

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock LT BLUE BEHIND AND BELOW DRIVER #203
Power Unlock BLACK/ RED SPEAKER IN DASH
#203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram.
yes u will need relays
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
dc-auto 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

If your still hunting these wires, if you take out the left front speaker there is a thick black insulation on the fire wall.  If you feel behind this you will feel a wire harness.  Pull on that, there is usually enough slack to pull the wire out to work on it comfortably.

dc-auto
Remember it's just Ohms Law

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic