Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
I want to put a system together as such in a VW Golf (2002):
HeadUnit --> Clarion DRZ9255
Speaker (Front) --> Focal 165K2 6.5" Component
Speaker (Rear) --> MB Quart PCE-216 6.5" Component
Subwoofer --> JL Audio 10W3v2 Stealthbox
CD Changer --> Alpine CHA-S634 (MP3 Changer)
--------------------------------------------
Now just need two amplifiers to power these to their full capability. I assume I need one 4-ch and one D-circuit mono for the sub. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

Have you considered something like this Memphis Belle?

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5711880046&tc=photo

I'm curious about why you're changing to quart components for the rear...?   Since you aren't running multimedia I'd think the two different sounding tweeters are going to create some funky tonal behavior.  I'd scrap the idea of putting in rear speakers and spend the extra money on better Focals up front.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
ice4life8269 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
hmmmmm. memphis= bad idea.. just read about the company. anybody remember fultron? din't think so. memphis is fultron, had some problems, so they changed the name/look, but underneath it all, it is still fultron.... if you take an older memphis amp apart, the board will say fultron.... but if you want to mess with it you can, but a don't recoment it.... as far as components go, i'd match both sets, and focal would be a better choice.... i think the ones you are talking about can handle 100 watts, and 200 peak. it's fairly easy to make 'dub's sound good, i love 'em. my girl just got a 2002 1.8t jetta. And, just a sugestion, check out the alpine type x sub, and then find a 1000 watt amp.. you won't be dissapointedAmplifier Recommendation - Last Post -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
I beg to differ.  Fultron was one of the best companies around in the 80's.  Yes, a few years ago they changed their name to Memphis Audio and Memphis makes some of the best car audio gear on the market.  What's the basis of your slam on Fultron?
Support the12volt.com
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

Ice went way back in the History books.  I had forgotten all about Fultron.  I remember their products and they had life time warranty on some products I think that is what got them into trouble. 

But, I really can't agree with him when it comes down to slamming Memphis products.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, Fultron was Arthur Fulmer's company.  He designed the Memphis Belle 5-channel amplifier in the late 70's, and when he changed the name of his company he named it after the amp.  "Fultron" was a shortened version of "Fulmer Electronics."  Great gear, especially for the price.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic