MTX 9500 12 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hey All

I've narrowed down my choice for ne subs to the MTX 9500 series and I have a couple of questions I would like you guys to comment on.

1)Is there very much difference between a 10 and 12" 9500 powered the same? If not, I will stick with 10's. If so then I will upgrade to 12's.

2)I am going to try out a Subzero Enclosure http://www.subzeromfg.com/specs.htm , and was wondering what you guys think would sound best. I want "Earth Pounding Bass" , and good sound quality. Do you think the Beefed-Up VR Sealed enclosure or the Vented enclosure would be best for the 9500's? Vented is 30hz for 12's.

I haven't used a ported or vented box since my 18" punch pro from way back, because I like the clean sound of sealed. But I would really like this setup to POUND!!!

Best,

Angel

boom, boom, boom boom....
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

I know 2 things for shure... Sub zero makes absolutly INSANE boxes, i repeat.. INSANE. There best boxes ive ever seen that are pre-made. And yes a 12 is usually a little less than 2 times as loud as a 10 but 10's are in general quciker, wich means better sq, but this is not always true.  As far as the porting goes, just do the best thing and go to youre local shop and listen to the difference is between sealed and vented, some subs really dont like venting and some do great

Peace

Matt

everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
MTX 9500 12 subs -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

I'm thinking that the 9500's would have a tremendous amount of bass with the vented enclosure. But I like the VR sealed box because it is built to the maxx.

shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

i put 2 9500's in an S-10 and it almost stopped my heart it hit so hard....but it wasnt the earth pounding kind.... i called our supplier and their tech support said that ALL the super woofer series perform at best in a vented box.....i called MTX through the dealer tech line and ole` boy said the same...... my input?   IF ANYTHING...be sure to use the vented box with the EXACT spec for airspace for a vent box....and tripple check the specs...and ittle rock your world..   and MTX suggest the 1501D mono amp for that sub...its perfect too....its almost like they made that sub for that amp....

p.s.   the 2 9500 ended up cracking the rear window....small but it did it.... no lie.......something to be proud of...making a customer have to buy a new window b/c he was dumb.... cool setup...but 2 X 9500 12's... IN A S10?!?!??!?!    still not sure what he was thinking but ...  sure did like that weeks check!

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
So did you make that customer a vented or sealed box for that s-10? What do you think 2 of the 10" 9500's would sound like in my 300E trunk? I am currently running 3 8000 series on a 1200.1 .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic