the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

gm xm antennas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
im fixin to install sirius(new head unit, sirius tuner, blah blah blah) in a 04 chevy truck with the xm option. im wondering where the xm tuner is so i can find the antenna plug. im wondering if the factory mounted antenna is wired directly into a gm tuner or if it has the standard plug. basically im trying to utilize the factory xm antenna.
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
The factory gm xm antenna isn't like the aftermarket coax xm antenna.  In fact, the gm model is a series of wires plugged into the rear of the HU seperate from the radio harness.  Unless there's an adapter available, your chances of using the factory antenna is slim to none.
Do it right the first time
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
what have installers doing about the antenna when a customer wants a new head unit and sirius, just putting another antenna up there? i'm going to see if i cant remove the factory xm antenna and cover up the hole with a sirius ant.
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
I had one customer give up his factory xm reception because he didn't like the way the factory unit looked.  He replaced it with a dual.  lol
Do it right the first time

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic