Sony XDP 4000X

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxxx 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

Sony XDP 4000X

Is this a stand alone unit or does it only work with a Sony head unit?  Does anyone know where I can find an owner's manual online?  If you have one please email it to me maxyott@hotmail.com

destination moon
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Unfortunately it does require a Sony head unit.  And that Sony head unit can't be an Xplod head unit (which I think is good).  You would have to use an older head unit, which is back when Sony actually made good ones.  Below is a link to a website that gives you all the information you ever wanted about the 4000X.  This includes service manuals for the 4000X, C90 and C910 head units.  You can also download Sony's DSC software that controls the 4000X to get an idea of everything you can do with the 4000X.  http://www.matronics.com/xdp4000x-list/

The 4000X is an extremely impressive unit.  My only complaint is the crossover points offered.  But with options and precision like 72 dB per octave slopes, 1/18 octave steps for the parametric equalizer, etc. it proves to be a very powerful unit.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic