icon

Audiobahn Piston Compression

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
anyone here ever heard these subs?  imm lookin to get them but not sure if i want to.  they are a slim desighn , meaning they only use a 3" mounting depth , which would be perfect for my reg cab truck, but the excursion on them is only about 1.5" ,,  so im assuming that i wouldnt get the low bass out of them....any opinions?
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need crazy excursion to get decent low bass.  Don't base your subwoofer decision on excursion alone.  Audiobahn tries to sell the 2" PHAT surrounds like they are the greatest thing on earth.  Never mind that the usable diameter on some of those subs is freaking tiny.  The displacement gained by the super duper elite surround is somewhat cancelled by the tiny usable diameter of the woofer. 
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
i didnt think so but the reviews said its better sub for mid bass and sounds great mounted ina door or a dash (couldnt figure that out) for custom setups... got any ideas
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
I had 2 pro piston compressiong subs in a ported box about 6.1 cuft and i could be heard from 2 cars back. It was loud and was the loudest in my town for a long time....(til i upgradedAudiobahn Piston Compression -- posted image.)...these subs are supposed to be SQ but their SPL is alot better than there SQ...IMO they are one of the best things audiobahn makes.
It is better to remain queit and have others think u are dumb, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
what is the sealed airspace spec?  im having a hard time finding it
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

I don't beleive the Makers of Audiobahn have ever heard SQ in their life.

In tiny print on the back of the magnet on every Audiobahn sub: Audiobahn Piston Compression -- posted image. Audiobahn Piston Compression -- posted image.

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
aint that the truth.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic