icon

Listen to this garbage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
OK so I have a customer show up to my shop yesterday at about 5:30, right before I went home. He says his kenwood deck is rattling in the dash so I look at it and its a 722 with that belt driven face. Its the deck itself rattling inside the deck casing so I tell him he needs to take it to the service depot and get it looked at and he says ok, and asks if Ill pull it out, no problem because he said we installed it. I said I need to see his bill and he is routing through his glovebox looking for it, I slide the keys into the dash of his 98 cavalier and pull the deck out. As soon as the deck is out so I can see behind it I see these orion RCA's plugged in to it and I said to him that we didnt install this because we have never used these RCA's. There is only one other person who works in my bay and he is the manager so he does very few cars so I can be pretty sure of this. He shows me his bill and it has no install on it so I said again, we didnt put his in and he then told me that he forgot that his buddy at another shop put it in for him. No one would make the mistake of paying 45 bucks for me to put it in and there buddy doing it for free, what a joke. Anyways back to the deck, I am looking at these RCA's and they have some goofy kung-fu grip on the end kinda like monster cables. I kinda looka  little and tell him that i am not gonna pull these off because I dont know how they loosen and I dont wanna rip and RCA off. I told him to take it to his buddy who put it in and get him to pull it out. Customer says thank-you and leaves and I go home. I get  a call about an hour latter from the store and they are telling me this kid is in the store saying I ripped the RCA off the back of the deck. WHAT A SURPRISE. I tell the store I will be there ASAP because I am not gonna put up with this sh*t. I live on the other side of the city so I drive over there and have a lot of time to get good and pissed. I walk into the store, apperently my face was just red, and I swear I think the kid sh*t his pants when he saw me. I asked what the problem was and he started to talk and I told him to be quite I wanted to hear from my front desk staff what he had told them so they give me the whole run down about how he said that him and his buddy SAW ME rip the RCA off the back of the deck. After the story is finished I looked at him and asked if that was about acurate and he kinda fumbled with his words a little and then said that that was right. I imediatly asked him that if he saw me rip the rca off why would he let me put the deck back in his dash and send him on his way and then he changed his story to he saw his buddy pull the deck out at the other shop and the RCA was ripped out. Now the game is afoot. I asked him if the stereo sounded fine on the way to the other shop and he said ya, so I then asked him how all his speakers where working fine if I ripped the rca out being that the rca's fed a 4 channel amp and he started to kinda fumble over words again, then I asked if he was sitting in the car when his buddy pulled the deck out and he said he was standing inside the guys store not even in the install bay so I then said he was lying once again when he said he saw his buddy pull the deck out and I asked him how he knows that his buddy didnt rip the RCA off and he said it was his buddy so he would have told him. I said how do you know your buddy isnt trying to save face by blaming me do you wouldnt think he was inept and he kinda just looked at me. Then I said or mabye he did tell you and you just figured you could blame it on me and get me to fix it for free. He just kinda stared at me so I picked up the deck and said "If you dont have anything but this he said, she said bullsh*t to base this on I suggest you pick up your deck and leave my store". So he did. I hate people who Lie, I am not gonna take that bullsh*t from someone, and if I wreck something I have insurance and am more than happy to get something fixed whether its covered by my insurance or not. Not to mention I have been sick for like a week so I am even more not into this garbage.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
lol.. what a sh*t face
I guess that guy has subs.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

customers.... can't live with 'em.... can't kill 'em !!!

a curious point popped into my mind reading this.... if he has a great "buddy" working at another retail shop...why did he buy this item at your store???   why wouldnt he give his business to his "buddy"??

it seems to be some divine law of the universe that you'll get an a**hole customer like this either first thing in the morning or last thing at night....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
customers.... can't live with 'em.... can't kill 'em !!!

... but you can CHARGE them!

Support the12volt.com
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Wow!  I think I would have called security or the local cops and let them in on his attempted scam.  It's amazing how the truth comes out when the law is involved.
Do it right the first time
Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

Good for you!!  I like to see people like that put in their place!!!

AWESOME!!!!!

electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I think I would have called and instore security and the local cops to let them in on the scam.  The truth would have came out a lot sooner.
Do it right the first time
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with charles and by u going home and coming back i think the guy deserved a good ol fashion ass whooping =)
I guess that guy has subs.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
I not only would have hurt the guy but then i would have made him pay for the gas and time you wasted having to go back to prove him wrong. Plus I would have charged him for having to remove the head unit in the first place!
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Listen to this garbage -- posted image.
NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Ravendarat, as the guy from Fashionable Male you say, "The customers always an ass hole"
Tim-May!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic