Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the input... but, you can move on... I need results... thomas

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

tadotson wrote:
I appreciate your oppinion about putting an aftermarket stereo in the car... we basically had a Nakamichi CD400  HU with Infinity 63.5i speakers in the front and back... and the system didn't sound as good to him as the Bose system.... so we took on the task to replace it!... father/son bonding moment?... if you know what I mean... so... already committed!!... thomas

Well...you should have came to us before you just disposed of your gear on ebay. Seriously that is some gear that is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better then anything bose will ever make. If he didn't like the sound I would've suggested an outboard amp to power them because head-unit power will not drive them to their full extent. Also, if he wasn't satisfied with the bass from the 6.5" Infinity's I would suggest a small sub maybe, or if hes not much of a BOOM kind of guy then maybe some 8" midbass drivers up front in kickpanels, powered by a seperate amp. Seriously, all that bose is made up of is cheap paper drivers and overrated sound (really you are paying for the name when you buy bose, look at their lifestyle systems, CAN YOU SAY overpriced). Sorry im rambling but before you go back to bose you should have asked for some help, or if you did already then ask us anyways, because it sounded like you really needed an outboard amp for those speakers, and the person you talked to if you did didnt suggest it to you.

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Also, the way Bose wires their systems is very weird and confusing. Yes you will need a ground on your amp and head-unit it won't work without it. I'm not familiar with bose systems because I've never put one in, and don't care too.
tadotson 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

My son took it to a shop... and we ended up spending $1,100 on this original unit... and yes... it included an amp... I believe it was a pioneer... the same brand as the owner of the business... (Tweeter?) and the bose system still sounded better to my son... right are wrong!... so... let's stop wasting oxygen on woulda... shoulda... and coulda talk... I thought this forum's acknowledge base could help... I stand corrected... thanks.. thomas

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
The reason no ones knows is because we never put bose systems in, we are always ripping them out. Just wondering, but what does your son like about the bose system better then the aftermarket equipment he bought?
tadotson 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

We are in a wrong/right discussion about bose vs. aftermarket... at the end of the day... it really doesn't matter... now... does it!!... I am here to get info specfic to the post... if you can address it!... or know someone that can... please let's us know... I appreciate your time...  thomas

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
(giggles)
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic