icon

89 Prelude, wiring an alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lewdlude 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I bought this alarm off Ebay: http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7913954823&category=33721. I got the wiring diagram from this site, but still am having trouble knowing which wires to hook up to which due to multiple wires of the same color and location. I have a multimeter if someone could tell me what to test when to find each wire. (IE, find a wire that always has power for the main power wire). Thanx for any help!
89 Prelude Si2.0
-JVC deck, Alpine 6.5's, Lanzar amp for Lanzar 6x9's, Xplod amp for 2 Xplod 10s
"Drive fast and don't take any of this stuff seriously." - Some kid from Space Camp
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
yr,make and model of car..............
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
lewdlude 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure if you are looking for more info than is in my sig, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si. Although it shouldn't really matter, I just need to know what readings I should get on my car wires for each wire on the alarm.
89 Prelude Si2.0
-JVC deck, Alpine 6.5's, Lanzar amp for Lanzar 6x9's, Xplod amp for 2 Xplod 10s
"Drive fast and don't take any of this stuff seriously." - Some kid from Space Camp
gtown installer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

aite ready, all the colors and locations are off the top of my head so double check them

constant 12v- in the ignition harness-should be the thick white wire- should read around 12volts                              

ignition (switched 12v) in the ignition harness- should be the thick black with yellow stripe wire- will read around 12volts when you turn your key to the second click

starter-in the ignition harness-should be black with white stripe wire-cut it and then try to start you car, if it doesn't start, guess what thats the right wire

ground-ground it anywhere on the chassis

parking lights-go to the fuse box, i think right above the fuses are male terminal blades, I think it is the second from the left-it will read 12volts only when the parking lights are on

door trigger- driver kick panel-I cant remember, i think it is light green with a red stripe-hook up your multimeter's red probe to a constant 12 volt source and the black probe to the door trigger wire, shut all the doors and the multimeter shouldn't read anything, but once you open any of the doors it should read twelve volts- remember honda is a negative trigger so use the negative trigger from the alarm, not the positive.

door locks-driver kick panel again I cant remember the colors-the fastest and easiest way is to get a short piece of wire and connect it to a ground put a 1 amp fuse in line with the wire (very important, must not be bigger than a 1 amp fuse) then tap the other end of the wire to the lock or unlock wire on the vehicle. if the doors lock or unlock the those are the right wires.  Or you can use your multimeter basically hook it up like the door trigger but you press the lock or unlock switch on the driver door, depending on your multimeter it will say 12volts very shortly or it will just fluctuate for a short period when you push it, thats because the change in voltage is to fast for the multimeter to display it all

I think that all for a basic alarm install good luck rookie

gangstaville installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic