icon

Chevrolet Cheyenne Worktruck stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
My boss is in dire, dire need of a stereo replacement for his Chevrolet Cheyenne Worktruck,  a basic truck, that sits 3.
Just for kicks, I'd like to get him some woofers,  but only have a very limited area to work with.   So far, I've been looking at the self-powered Infinity Basslink woofers, and Bazooka bass tubes.   Can anybody recommend these two (or other ideas) for his plans???
P.S. --  How is Kenwood on quality these days???   In looking at headunits, I've seen some decently priced items from them,  but have been leaning toward Alpine,  just because of their reputation.
~wayland
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
kenwood has 2 levels cheap and good, alpine has one level good. I'm not a fan of the alpine user interface though, for a worktruck the basslink would probably work well. When I first started reading what came to my mind was a set of 8's behind the seat, don't need anything great in a work truck
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
i'd also like to know about the basslinkx and basslinkt. i wouldn't be surprised if they're awesome. also what about jbl's basspro? these products are easy to sell due to not overwhelming customers with a box, amp, and subs. sometimes people want boom but not a "system".
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

It doesn't need to be PERFECT,  but I would like to hook him up with something that sounds rich and full (which could be anything compared to the cheap stock one).  Plus, I'm trying to keep costs down as well.  He's on a tight budget.   Although 8's are cheap (and getting hard to find)  you also need to factor in the amps,   box,  etc.  That's why im looking into self powered adn enclosed units...

~wayland
dudek38 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
put in an entry level head unit, connect that to some decent 4x6's in the dash and rear pillars. as for the boom, do more research on the amplified loaded enclosures, they might really sound good. remember you'll need the wire harness metra 70-1858 and dash kit 99-3000. you can also put a pocket in where the fact stereo is 88-00-3301
owner of
the florida keys
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed before. i'm just getting opinions to see what other people think about those two self-powered models.   Thanks for the help though, dudek38!
~wayland
dudek38 
Posted: July 31, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
seriously, i'd like to know too. let me know how it goes. you might want to start a topic titled " basslink?"
owner of
the florida keys
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Haha,  I know you know.  I'm just giving the hint out to others who check out the topic....  If you don't let 'em know that you know how to install, you'll have hundreds of people telling you the same thing about installations...  I think I will start a topic called basslink....sounds good.
~wayland
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for a cost-effective subwoofer setup for a very basic Chevrolet Work truck.  It's tight on space.  
I need personal opinions about the Infinity Basslink subwoofer setup, or other (preferably self-powered) alternatives. 
Let me know your thoughts!
~wayland
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
i like em, sound good, take up little space, id say perfect for a work truck, easy to install/ remove and not to costly
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic