icon

Circuit City Code Alarm CA145, APS996A?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sush1a 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, am a newbie, tried a searched on the CA145, turn out nothing. The question is: are the CA145 and APS996A the same? but just rebranded under Code alarm? or is the CA145 the 996, not the 996A? or neither?
thanks
Wherm 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm = Audiovox
Audiovox = Prestige
Prestige = Code Alarm
They are all the same, but you can not cross-reference wiring diagrams. Some of the wires may be same in color, but don't do the same things. Hope this helps if you haven't already gotten it figured out.
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
one difference..i LOVE audiovox prestige alarms and remote starts...i absolutly HATE code alarm!!!  they are very uninstaller friendly and have one of the biggest problem margins ive ever seen..they suck!
Chromic-Chris 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

No. CA-145 is a 2-way security system with keyless entry.

CA-645 has this, along with remote start capability, and thus similar to APS-996C.

APS-996A is the audiovox version of C, and identical in function. Only paint and wire colors were changed.

"A" schematics are on the A-vox website.

I have the schematic for "C" which is not on any website.  I will post it here shortly, but not sure yet where to put it.

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Chromic-Chris wrote:
I have the schematic for "C" which is not on any website.  I will post it here shortly, but not sure yet where to put it.
You may upload the install guide using the download link to the left of the page. Once the12volt has screened the file for virus's, it will be posted as a PDF link for all members to view and DL.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
i hear ya Jimmy.... i still have Code Alarm product that i refuse  to sell people.... i use it for golf tournament giveaways with the proviso that we refuse to install them.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have to agree with both jimmy and kevin on the code alarm stuff. I've worked at Circuit City as an installer for over 4 years and I havent seen a worse product. The new code alarm rs systems we just started carrying are terrible. The brain on them is huge, its like installing a fax machine under a dashboard they never fit right. As for ease of use....there is no ease of use with these things. About 50% of the time after they get installed something will go wrong with the brain. Either it will forget the tach signal (no idea how but it does), stops working entirely and has to be relplaced, or freezes similar to the way a desktop computer does, when you pull the fuses then put them back in it works again. I can't wait till RS season...
Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
i feel sorry for circuit loosing DEI.. :( nothing like being a good/caring installer and having crap to work with. it makes you and your shop look ike you dont know what you are doing. i know the best buy stores (including my own) in this area will not sell/install the audiovox remote starts, especially the higher priced ones. the install book is horrilbe, the product is horrible, and the programming routine is just a mess.
our customers have been happy with the newer viper alarms and remote stars, there are the same old issues with responder remotes/range. i with the avital 4300 would disappear sooner (it is on clearence). i want a viper non-2 way alarm/remote start.
MECP certified installer
Chromic-Chris 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

It's kind of funny to see positive and negative comments tied to these technical gizmos. From Compustar, to Viper, Matrix, AudioVox, Code etc...all of them....

..top dollar to bottom dollar...some poeple will have a positive experience, and others will have a bad one (with the same model/brand). Most of them can be found right here on this site.

I haven't cast my vote yet on Audiovox 2004 performance, but they do answer their phone quickly, they sent some parts for free (incl ship), they're tech savy, and willing to help.

....What is customer support at Compustar and DEI like???

kel789 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

Compustar did not respond to my e-mail. it's properly because i'm a regular joe, not a dealer. i ended up getting help from forums.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic