Where’s Resonant Engineering’s Website?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

www.respl.com

What happened to the website for Resonant Engineering? I was going to check out the info and specs for the XXX subs that Steven K recommended to "Kick Ash"

boom, boom, boom boom....
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  
www.reaudio.com
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Aggie. I couldn't find it and wanted to check out the XXX's.

BTW, Your install looks great. Do you work as an installer? Or just for fun?

I liked the old enclosure you had too, but I understand why you had to change it. I have unough usuable space in mine because I fire my subs forward/upward angle(Even though everyone says don't)

Here's a link to my system: http://www.meimann.com/images/mercedes/W124_stereo/Angels_300E/

aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the compliments MBZ. I am just a college student going into my 4th year. I've never been an installer or worked at any type of shop (although i would love to). Most of the fabrication I learned came from this site, and I hold great pride in doing everything myself (as anybody would). Even with the amount of time put into my car, I do it purely for personal enjoyment. Car audio is an expensive hobby ain't it?
What subs are you working with right now? I was looking at your system, but I didn't see the subs, but that's a nice clean install. I think a pair of XXX's would do you just fine, although I usually see them ported.
Jon
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

I am running 3 8000 series MTX at 1.3 ohms in a 3 chamber sealed 3/4MDF. You would have to look through my 3 air flow ports in the rear deck(not enclosure ports) to see the subs. I used some factory speaker covers to look stock and cover the 6" holes. I am buying 2 new subs this week to replace them, and building a new enclosure. Thats why I was looking into the XXX's. I have narrowed the choice to the 9500's, brahma's, xxx's, or I may go with RFR3110's. I am probably going with the fosgates for now to try them out. I can get 2 for $460. I used to run an 18" punch pro in my old-school trunk and used to be very fond of RF. The ported box took the entire trunkWhere’s Resonant Engineering’s Website? -- posted image. 

How do you think the RFR3110's would compare to the 9500's?

And how do you like your HX2's? Are they Power or Punch? 

aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have the Punch HX2's. The main reason I got Rockford was because my brother has some old Punch's (got them in 1996), and I was stuck on Rockford. From my own personal experience with them, the output is pretty good, but the sound quality isn't up to par (however I did get an increase in SQ with my new enclosures). I'm sure the Power HX2's can get loud ( check out Steve Meade's Civic), but for your application your other choices would be better.
Jon
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

I had lunch yesterday with my boss and Scott Atwell who is one of the owners of Resonant Engineering.  I asked him how a XXX would compare to the 9500.  He agreed with me that the XXX will be able to get louder, and sound better.  You just can't beat the 32mm of excursion it has.  Plus with the 8 layer flat wound coil, it handles a great deal of power.  My vote is still on the XXX as the best sub for you.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

>>He agreed with me that the XXX will be able to get louder, and sound better.  You just can't beat the 32mm of >>excursion it has.  Plus with the 8 layer flat wound coil, it handles a great deal of power.  My vote is still on the XXX as >>the best sub for you.

I am definitely going to own a pair of XXX's within the year. I just got a great deal on the 2 RFR3110's and plan on  pounding the hell out of them while saving the $800 for the XXX's.  This will also give me time to step up to 2 high-end mono amps  to power them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic