icon

97 Pontiac Transport alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziadmoh 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a starter/alarm on my 97 Transport. Can somebody tell me how to hook up the lock/unlock wires in my van? I have one pulse output (for lock)from my unit, but it takes two pulses to lock the van!
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
It only takes two pulses if one of the doors is open. The first pulse will tell the Body Control Module that you want to lock the doors. If you pulse the light blue wire in the driver's kick panel with a negative pulse once it will cause a chime to be heard. If you close all the open doors, the doors will lock after a few seconds. Double pulsing the door lock wire will lock the doors whether they are open or not. The white wire in the driver's kick panel is the negative unlock wire.
sparky
slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

I am surprised that the starter you have has no optional programming mode for the door locks.

What brand is this unit?

I think there is a programming option where you can give it a longer pulse.....instead of a second.....you can give it 3 seconds, that will fix your problem.

I have not seen a starter yet that you cannot change options on it.

let me know

Slicksam

ziadmoh 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
The unit has a programing option to change the lock from 1sec to 3sec. Also, the unlock from one to two pulses. Anyway, having a 3sec pulse to lock the doors did not take care of the problem. Also, I tried to trigger the lt. blue wire on the passenger kick (with all doors closed), but neither one pulse nor 3sec pulse worked. Hitting the lock button twice triggered the panic mode.
It sounds like the moduler needs a one second break between the two pulses.
I need help!!!
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic