icon

2000 Suburban speed wire 4 nav unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sjunction 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

trying to install Pioneer nav unit in 2000 Suburban, can't find the vehicle speed sensor wire. Fact radio had auto vol control but the only grn/wht wire behind the radio is in the Onstar harness. Pin 15 at the radio harness is a grn wire as does not work. Neither wire from the vss at the transmission works. The grn/wht wire on pin 50 at the CCM also does not seem to work. Any help is greatly appreciated, even just an idea where to look for this info as I have looked all over the net.

ps. if fact radio had auto vol control, shouldn't one of the radio harness wires have the speed info? I was told it would be at the CCM (by Pioneer) on a 2000 model but I can't help but wonder how the data gets to the radio... does it go to one of the 2 fact amps instead? we tried all the wires at the radio harness with no luck. weird

sjunction 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2004 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
 now using dk grn/wht wire at pin B1 of BCM, appears to be working. crossing fingers...
losone 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2004 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
i usualllt grab the GREEN / WHITE from behond the instr. cluster on chevy trucks.suv's. Test first as there is 2 green whites.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
The dark GREEN / WHITE wire in the radio's separate plug (Onstar and remote cassette plug) is the VSS wire.
sparky
sjunction 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Both our head installer and a Pioneer tech guy said not to use the wire in the Onstar harness although neither pointed out why. Looks like our BCM connection is working, although it could be the other end of the same wire sparkie mentioned :). If I get a chance, I will check and see if it is. Thanks for your replys!
ps. losone, we only had one grn/wht wire behind the radio, in the Onstar harness.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
The VSS wire is the same in the cluster, radio, BCM and PCM. It's usually easiest to get at the radio though.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic