icon

deciding what subwoofer and amp to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcschaf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I trying to decide on what subwoofer and amp to buy.  I'm thinking about the Audiobahn AWES12P the Eternal Series and for the Amp the Kole Audio Q1-2400D mono amp.  Let me know what you think.  I just here everyone bashing on Audiobahn so its got me wondering if its a good choice or not.
vdubmk4 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
I dunno, several people i know have audiobahn equipement and are satified. However, i like to stick with names like MTX, Alpine, and Infinity for good quality and pretty decent prices. Just be sure not to buy sometin that will "just get you by" if you really want sometin better.
Fortune: You will continue to take chances, and be glad you did.
ANeonRider 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'd recommend the Alpine Type R 12" run by the Hifonics Brutus BX1500D. You won't regret it. Another good sub would be the JL W6 v2.
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Audiobahn..... grrr.... haha, ok well on a serious note, the Eternal series of audiobahn isn't all that its cracked up to be. They have a bad tendency to overhead, they have poor ventialation. They also are pretty much 100% SPL subs, so your bass is going to be boomy and sound like crap but it will be loud as you know what. ANeon's got a good point about those Type R's, you wont be dissatisfied by anything JL or Alpine. The Kole audio amp will push but I've never been a fan of them because they tend to use knock off methods of production which makes their life span not that great. The HiFonics is a good choice, I'd also recomend any JL, JBL, Rockford, or Kicker mono amplifiers as they will push a sub to its true potential.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
Lets not get carried away here. To say that you wont be dissatisfied with anything by JL or Alpine isnt true because I am dissatisfied with there stuff all the time. It should always come down to you listening to something before you buy it. I understand some people may live 100 miles away from a decent shop, but if thats the case than you should mabye consider a road trip. I wanna buy a set of Diamond Audio speakers but have never actually heard them, the closest shop that carries them is 600 km away and in a different damn province, Im still gonna go listen to them first. Personal preference is a huge part of audi. You can study numbers all say long but sometimes stuff just doesnt click with a particular listener. Do Alpine make good decks, aperently. Would I ever buy another one, not a hope in hell because I hate the way they sound. Do I like Boston, damn right. Could I ever convince my buddy who has all focal to buy boston, nope cause he doesnt like the sound. You need to listen to things and not just buy blind off the net because its cheap at the time, not saying thats what your doing, just that it happens all the time. The only real advice I can give is to stick to real Brand names and not know off crap. Boston=good, Boss=Bad, Pheniox Gold=good, Pyramid=bad, Rockford=Good, Roadgear=bad. Get my point.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
styper 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged  
Personally I would stay away from the Audiobahn. Zapco, NAK, fosgate are good amps.
S type R.
ANeonRider 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
Fosgate used to be good amps, with the quality control problems they have had recently, I could not trust them anymore.
And I totally agree with Ravendarat, it all boils down to personal preferences and listening tastes.
tcschaf 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone, I'll do alittle more research before I make my decision.  Let me know if there is anything else that could help out with my decision.  Your input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Humm, good points Raven. I suppose it does all come down to what you like and what sound your into. I will say with all confidence that Diamond Audio is the sh*t, but I guess u'll have to hear them before u can know wether or not I'm lyin' haha deciding what subwoofer and amp to buy -- posted image.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

Go search some more, find 2 different  you like. And will tell you which subs to choose from the 2. There's another post in this forum about "which sub is the best" You'll be here forever. !

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic