< Prev Topic Next Topic >
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
best buy and other stores sells the relay with socket for about $12.99 (last i knew anyways). a little bit steeper in price but you don't have to ship and wait.
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
have you checked the ground? it might have been okay before but not with the three amps. use dmm and check the ground-battery resistance. make sense? think of the chassis as one big resistor. the ground block is one side and the negative battery terminal is another. also you said there was still the thumping with no speaker leads hooked up? does this mean you're using a high level input? a LOC? the amp is creating the sound with only power hooked up and no audio signal? 
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

The noise is coming from the fosgate amp hooked to the subs but, only when i connect another amp to the remote on circuit. I only had the power, ground and remote link hooked to the Firestorm amp.

I will try grounding the other amps to the batter and see what results I get there. If I remember correctly, I had the ground running from the battery to the dist. block in my Z28. Maybe that is why I didn't have any problems with that set-up.

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
racer427 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Untill I get this resolved I guess that I will just run the Components off of the radio power.
Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

Racer, I am kind of lost with all of the posts.  Are you trying to find out what is causing a system thunp and whine or trying to see what is causing your amp to turn on, off, on, off. 

Please elaborate a little more.

If you are getting a whine check your RCA's, Ground wire all other wiring for defects.  Lose wiring or bad wiring can cause a whine.  If your system is not grounded good you can also get an engine whine.

If your amp cuts on, off, on this could mean that you have a bad power connection or that your power supply in your amp is blown.

racer427 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guy's, Just wanted to say thanks for all the help.

I finally figured out the problem. The amp is DEAD. I do beleive the power supply is shot and I am not an electronics expert so, I am just gonna trash the amp.

I finally finished fabbing up a set of door baffles for the components and got them installed. I hooked them up to the head unit and suprissingly, they don't sound all that bad. I am sure that they will still sound much better hooked up to a decent amp.

ANY one have a decent 4 channel for sale CHEAP? Connecting Multi amps with Remote On - Page 3 -- posted image.

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic