icon

Capacitor not enough?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robbyrob717 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
a 140+ alternator, 2farad cap, and a yellow top battery. man your system is gonna be soo nice and never struggle for power (but then again we can always find a way for it too). you're going to have some nice bass. they sell the high power alternators on jcwhitney.com and probably your local advanced auto or pep boys depending on which one and how big it is. but def. at jcwhitney
94 Pontiac Sunbird 3.1 V6
alpine deck
audiobahn 3.5 fronts w/ tweeters
audiobahn 6.5 rears w/ tweeters
* sold rest of system to save up towards new car. $3000 spent on it.
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
Get a bigger alternator as raven suggested.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
noakes75 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
alright thanks alot. but what happeneds when i put the other 2 15s in my car and another 3000 P.A. amp, and the 4 channel. i realize id need 1/0 awg wire, but what about charging system again. its goin to become anotehr problem. then what can be done?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
If you have plans for a bigger system, get a bigger hammer. In the form of the largest alternator that you can.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

What can be done is get the larger alternator 140+ amps. If the problem still occurs when you have your new system input'd , I would suggest change your cap

Capacitor not enough? - Page 2 -- posted image.Capacitor not enough? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Capacitor not enough? - Page 2 -- posted image.
, and put a second battery in the trunk.
Capacitor not enough? - Page 2 -- posted image.

noakes75 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
ive found that napa is the only one around my area that makes a higher out-put. its 225 amp. would that be enough? the thing runs just over 600.00 but my friend works there so i get it for 300.00 is this a good deal? or am i gettin hosed?
94legend 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
Good deal OGL PRO!!!!
noakes75 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
would that be enough for my future ideas or what? cuz id kinda like to get the best right off the bat.
94legend 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Well if that is the largest alt you can find in your area. Then so be it. Search the web for larger ones for your car if there is.

I know a guy you can contact  if you would like to know  more about heavy duty systems. Such as competition and audio works.
check out his work at ww.hzemall.com  and email him. his name is Tim Ballie.

noakes75 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
ok, this may be a dumb question. so if it is, be easy. but i was talkin to a few ppl and one of them suggested going and getting like a bus altinator or something of that size out a junk yard. is this completly ludicris or not? im not 100% sure if it would work of not. i know you'd have to make some type of brakets for it. but i was just wondering.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic