icon

Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ANeonRider 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just picked up 4 gallons of fiberglass resin, 15 feet of matte and some 3/4 MDF on a trade for my Alpine MRD-M300 Sub Amp. I'm gonna build a box to fit in either the spare tire well, or in the corner of the trunk in between the tailight and the wheel well. This box will contain an Alpine Type R 12" dual 4 ohm sub, and will be powered by my newly purchased Hifonics Brutus BX1500D (whenever it shows up on my doorstep).
Right now I am leaning towards going with the pass. side enclosure and putting my amps (the Hifonics & Alpine 4 channel) in the driver's side. I am also contemplating whether or not to port this box or not. lol, I need suggestions. Port or not? I am having a hard time deciding, lol.
Anywho, I will be starting this project this weekend, and plan on taking lots of pictures too. Hell, if I have enough left over matte, I might start my door panels that will house Type X 6.5" components and their crossovers.
vdubmk4 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with sealed, just because there isnt thaaat much noticable difference for the amount less of work you have to do. Calculating and makeing the port just right for a uneven box shape can be rather difficult, i guess unless you fill it with water and measure it, but it sucks. And since you just have one sub personally i would put it in the spare tire well, and you can prob still keep the spare in there, a plus Fiberglass Project - Last Post -- posted image., and it will have a better balance to the look. Good luck.
Fortune: You will continue to take chances, and be glad you did.
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
build a raised enclosure above the spare. By this I mean make a flat panel to cover the spare tire leaving a little room to prevent rattling between the board and tire. Then build the enclousre upwards from there with a volcano style lip for the actual sub. The weight of the enclosure will hold it down but it will be able to be removed if you need the spare. As for the amps, build side corner flush mount enclosures for them. Anyway, thats my 23 cents.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic