icon

Wiring HU and Amp to speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ghj20 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

Is it ok to wire both speaker outputs from the head unit and from the amp to speakers? This way i am hoping to use the head unit to power speakers when the vehicle is stationary for extended periods. I am also thiking of manually switching the remote turn on, so that i swith on and off the amp. Do you think this is possible? Wiring HU and Amp to speakers? -- posted image.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

if you are asking if it's ok to strap the output of one device ( your HU ) with the output of a second device ( your amp) the answer is no...either your HU or your amp will implode ( or in the case of Sony, Xplode)

can you manually switch the remote turn on voltage?   sure

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
ghj20 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Excatly what i was worried about! Thanks kgerry.
ghj20 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Do you guys think Sony head units are not good? Seriously, my first head unit was a sony Cheap CDX... which i don't own anymore but after 5 years it is still in good working order, so i guess reliabilty wise Sony is ok, Is it  the quality of sound? Just curiousWiring HU and Amp to speakers? -- posted image.

94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

I personally believe Sony System are decent. They are not bad at all. I've had experience with sonys subs, amps, head units, speakers, etc..

The problem that occrus with the customers/consumers  have, is not knowing the limitations on the sony products. Everyone thats uses sony products abuses it. Trying to push it beyond its max capability.  I mean if you're going to run a sony sub that runs off of 300w rms and your powering it with a jbl 1000.1 of course the sony is going to catch on fire.  If you know how to set up sony products correctly there will mostly likely never be a problem.  Same with any other sound audio products.  Sony is a successful company, producing not just automotive audio  but many more, such as cameras, videos, hometheater, and tons of electronics.  It just so happens that other companys such as Jbl, jlaudio, rockford fosgate,  infiintiy, etc.. top of the line automotive audio, mainly manufacturer, produces for car audio. Ever seen a rockford fosgate 35" LCD TV? I'm not trying to discourage or offend these larger names.
Hope this helps!

ghj20 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2004 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Oh i see the point now, so it is not a problem with the reliability or the quality, right? Wiring HU and Amp to speakers? -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic