icon

mercedes G500, VSS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juicedgsr95 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2004 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

I am hopeing someone will be able to help me out.  I need to find the VSS in a 2002 Mercedes G500.  Mercedes told me to go to the transmission control box and start probingmercedes G500, VSS - Last Post -- posted image. I would rather not do that...  any info would be great!

thanks

Adam

juicedgsr95 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

after going through the wiring and working with Mercedes we are still unable to find the wire!!!  According to Mercedes there are 4 wires coming off each wheel in the truck.  Well one is supposed to be the vss.....of course it is not.  The vehicle does not have the can02bus.  Any help would be great guys...  please someone who has done one of these help me out.

Adam

ctravis 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

I put nav in a new sl500. I also had trouble getting accurate info for a vss wire. I found it at the abs sensor coming off the wheeel.  there were two wires, and I just measured ac current when the car was moveing. It worked for me. Hope this helps you out.

juicedgsr95 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks man, I will check it out.  There are 4 wires off each wheel, but none of them test correctly.  Who knows,  Mercedes has been kicking my ass on the last 2.  Have you delt with a merc with the can bus system?  I have a 04 c320 in here as well then we are not able to get a speed pulse from either...even using the can02bus adapter from soundgate.

thanks

Adam

ctravis 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the can02bus adapter.  As for the wires from each wheel, I actually traced them back from the brake caliper.  But I had an sl500,  that could be different than a g wagon or c230. 

cory

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic