icon

Subs w/magnet out, Reverse Polarity?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ANeonRider 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
They should be both wired the same way since both subs are cone out (I am assuming). The only time they would need to be reversed from each other is when one cone is out, and the other is in.
zane9000 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks. i had read all of them but i was getting a little confused so i thought i would ask for clairification. i thought when two subs were facing eachother they had to be wired out of phase so i assumed the opposite would be ture if they were facing away from eachother as well. Thanks for the help. also, i know this is off topic, but i was thinking of making the tube out of .5" acrilyc. it is suposed to be extremly ridgid so i thought it would be sutible, any thoughts?
I had Cheetos and wine for dinenr.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Put a seal in the center of that tube.  Then you can experiment with phasing, which you will want to do considering the two will be pointed in opposite directions.  For ease of wiring options, wire each sub separately to the amp.  The tube should be very inflexible, given that it is small in diameter and round.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
zane9000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
any suggestions on how to get a seal in the middle of a four foot acrilyc tube?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
You said above you were thinking of making it.  Is it already made? I don't know how you are going to do it, but you definitely need two separate chambers with that setup.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
zane9000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
im actually going to order the tube its self from a plastics company. im not sure if they would beable to put the seal in there, but if not how would i go about doin that?
ANeonRider 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Piece of 1" MDF cut to fit, sealed with jb weld should work.
zane9000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
awesome, thankyou
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic