icon

6 pyramid squares beat 3 kicker squares

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsound79 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2004 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
If you already have the l7' why would you go with the pyramid. There is no miracle making his system louder than the L7 setup. I would go for the JBL amps but try those on your L7's before you switch to a lesser brand sub. In my experience with electronics, which is extensive, you always get what you pay for. With his six subs, each sub doesn't have to work as hard. With a lower wattage capability, the pyramid has a higher sensitivity. That means the pyramids would produce higher volume with less power. But by higher volume I mean mabey 3 db. But they will have a much lower top end. 6 15's will be loud no matter what brand you use, but don't think 3 pyramids will beat 3 solos powered equally unless the install and tuning is poor. Night and day. Especially if you've already spent the money on the quality goods.
My wife will never understand why, lucky for her!
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2004 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
so your willing to put a new system in your ride, using speakers that may not last as long as your kickers, for some more SPL?
Have you thought about trying to get more performance out of the equipment you already have, with using a different combination of amps/subs/enclosures?, to save yourself that 300bones? btw, what kind of deck do you recall either of them using?
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
i think you guys misunderstood me i already have the i7's in my car and they are never coming out because thats my weekend ride. 70 skylark drop with 3 screens white leather interior and 22 inch flats. im looking at doing up my k 5 but the whole thing is i said im tempted but im mostly likely not gonna do it cause i have an vented box that was custum built for two kicker solo i7's 15's and i know i can get two brand new solo baric i7's for 560 includes shipping. believe me im still shocked and impressed but not impressed to throw out all my experince out the window. its an 98.9 percent chance im gonna buy the kickers but im gonna listen to the owner again and see what he can do with my kickers in the drop but the cliff design amp is way better then an jbl amp but now by much
goingcrazyonsound
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 09, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
I remember back in high school a friend of mine had a '70 Skylark soft top with a 3-speed shifter on the column.  It had the white leather, too.  The car was nice but that shifter sucked.  And we had 8-tracks then, too.  Ewwww.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

that is exactly what this guy wants you to do, as well as many other people that saw/heard his vehicle

he buys that equipment dirt cheap, marks it up a little, installs it in 500 cars, and keeps in business for a year before the business chages names or moves out of town!!!!    "Right before the equipment fails"

electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

Most of the stuff that pyramid, lanzar, and power acoustik produce are just products that other manufactures make, and then pyramid, lanzar, and power acoustik usually cheapen up some of the parts (like the woofer and tweeter materials, and the basket and other stuff like that. For instance look at this pyramid square sub: Pyramid sub

now look at the original version the L7 (specifically the cone and basket): Kicker L7 Pyramid used a paper cone, a stamped basket, and a rubber surround. While Kickers superior version uses an aluminum deposit impregnated cone (just a little bit more rigid then paper 6 pyramid squares beat 3 kicker squares - Page 2 -- posted image.), a cast aluminum basket, and a santoprone rubber surround. The Pyramid sub can probobly handle 200 to 300 watts continuous at most and the Kicker can handle 750 watts continuous in the right enclosure.

And thats how Pyramid makes a product.By the way I dont work for Kicker, I just hate what pyramid does and wanted to state the differences between the two products.

skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
trust me i know that cause i got the real kickers and i went to the guys shop he has all the top lines from memphis to boston but he had some phramid stuff and he happened to sell the squares next to the kickers and i compared kicker weighs more slightly but they looked built the same except kicers cone wasnt paper. im sticking with kicker so dont worry but he had some new stuff i saw on ebay the other day. niche yes the car rim company and when did efx start making subs?
goingcrazyonsound
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic