icon

94 Mustang GT stereo suggestions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 94 Mustang GT convertible that I am going to re-do completely. My head unit is the clarion dual 24-bit burr brown one, and I use the rockford semetry with 28 band EQ card for X-over and EQ. I have a set of Dynaudio Tweets (the upgraded ones) and 6/12 mids. I plan on buying a pair of 8" dynaudio woofers and running a three way setup. The tweet and mid are in a custom made kick pannel, and I plan to custom build the 8" woofers into the doors. After hearing MTX's new line of subs I think Im going to go with 3 or 4 of the 12" 9500's (whatever will fit). For amps I was thinking about using MTX to keep the car all one brand. What do you think? Are the MTX amps not good enough for my Dynaudio fronts? If not what should I run. Whats your opinion of the rockford semetry? I plan on starting this in the next 30 days so any sugestions would be great. Thanks
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Well, in my opinion, I have(in the past) had a lot of experience with MTX. The make a very solid product and are pretty damn true to their amp power ratings.

The 9500's are a great hard hitting sub, and better be for the cost.

If you want great power for the subs, try a single Thunder1501D   Class D Amplifier

Specifications

RMS Power 12.5 VDC
Input
Low Level Input
Crossover(s)
Low Pass @ 40Hz-200Hz - Variable
Compression Circuitry
Thunder EQ
EBC2 Port
RCA Output
Low Pass Only
2 Ohm Load1000 w x 1
4 Ohm Load500 w x 1
Dynamic Power 14.4 VDC
2 Ohm Load1500 w x 1
4 Ohm Load750 w x 1
Dimensions (with ISO Feet)
17.8" x 9.75" x 2.1"
45.3cm x 24.8cm x 5.3cm

This is a great amp. My friend is running 4 thunder 7500's off this amp and is hitting major DB's.

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
 ooops I didn't finish, anyway, the camaro that I had my system in consisted of top of the line MTX subs (don't remember the series number) too long ago and 4 MTX 2160 amps driving the whole system. This was 10 years ago when MTX was just making a name for themselves. They actually were still a joke to most serious car audio entusiasts back then. And now they are one of the better names in the bussiness so, I don't think that you will go wrong using all MTX products. But, that is also just my opinion.
Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic