icon

Pyramid Products

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zane9000 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  

I had mentioned in a thread a few days back that I had a Pyramid amp driving two 8" subs. Everyone seemed to cringe at that and it seems that everywhere I look there is people talking bad about the Pyramid brand, but no one seems to give any reason other than basicly saying its garbage. Why is this? Aren't the basic electronics used to amplify a signal basicly the same? Or is it that they don't take the time to fine tune the equipment? I'm just trying to get a feel for what makes an amp good and bad without having to buy many different brands to see for my self. I want my next purchase to be educated and get somthing of at least descent quality... While the Pyramid is performing just fine for what im using it for now, I'm assuming by peoples reactions to the brand, there is some room for improvment.

Thanks for any advise,

Warren

I had Cheetos and wine for dinenr.
davids2004 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
Well basically what makes it garbage as people say is they use cheaper compoments to make up the inside of the amp.  Just all around cheaper parts or used to make up the amp.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ditch it. It's crap. I don't care which one it is, it's crap. I've blown up, literally blown up, two, I repeat, TWO, Pyramid Crystal amps. They use cheap transisters. They use cheap RCA inputs, capacitors, and outputs.
And the crystal line is supposed to be their top of the line amps. Like Pyramid can have a top of the line. Haha.
Paul
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
when your top of the line stuff is cheaper than most companies low end you are not building quality, you get what you pay for soemtimes
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

Some pyramid items are ok but not a 1st choice item.  Why Pyramid isn't a preferred item?

Components used are not top quality, which means that they are not as durable as highend items and will probably fail much sooner than better equiptment.

There power claims are not realistic.  1,000 watts is far from realizable with only a 25 amp fuse.

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
My friend had a pyramid "1000 watt" amp hooked up to 2 memphis 250W rms subs. He recently switched to a kenwood amp, his sound has increased tenfold.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
My friend had a pyramid "1000 watt" amp hooked up to 2 memphis 250W rms subs. He recently switched to a kenwood amp, his sound has increased tenfold.
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Pyramid and anything else from the flea-market or swap-meet are garbage and could very easily destroy your subs.
boom, boom, boom boom....
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
when your main sales force is flea markets, and pawn shops you probably aren't selling the best stuff
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
Yea my Pyramid "1000"watt max had a 25 amp fuse on it stock. I replaces it with a Phoenix Gold Xenon 400.1 and increased my db level fivefold. SQ also GREATLY increased.
Paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic