icon

My 1st attempt at glassing, pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

After reading about fiberglassing for months and months back about a year ago, I decided to give it a try.  I decided to make a sub box for the rear driver's side corner of my 86 Accord since I didnt care whether or not I ruined the carpet.  Below you'll find a link to my album with a few pics of my progress. 

I did however make a few mistakes:
1. - I didnt use the best material to stretch over the mold, so it wasn't a tight fit...
2. - I didn't soak the cloth with resin and let it harden to begin fiberglassing the outside.  I just glued the corners of the cloth to the mold and began to add fiberglass to the soaked cloth which caused it to sag a little and loosen up in a few different spots.
I need to add a pic of the finished product, I never really finished the outside - just left the bare fiberglass look.  It looks kinda hurt, but sounded pretty good. 

Today Im workin on makin two seperate enclosures for my girls Hyundai Tiburon, one in each corner right behind the back seat.  I will post up some pics soon.  Fiberglassing is very addicting when you see what can be done with it.

Link to album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289646799

Feel free to laugh & comment on my disaster ahah!!

r0yal 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
It doesnt look too bad... the base looks really good tho... :) keep practising! dont give up
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks...believe me, Ive been reading more and more since that last attempt.  I've learned many new tricks along with some do's and dont's.  My girl's mold was a success, I just need time to finish it now.  In the fall I plan on molding my kicker solo's in some glass...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic