icon

Door lock problems on 2003 chevy s-10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
foxhound 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
I am having problems hooking up the lock and unlock on my S-10 with my Viper 791xv. The lock part works fine but I was hooking up the unlock part and in the chart on this site for a 2000 it said drivers unlock was tan in the drivers kick panel. I tested and it showed +12v when hitting unlock but not lock. So I cut the wire so I could hook it up to a relay so I could have priority door locks. After cutting it, the drivers side switch doesnt lock or unlock the drivers door but works fine on the passenger door. I reconnected the wire and it unlocks and locks the drivers door fine but now the passenger switch doesnt work at all (no clicking of relays or anything). I am not sure at what point that happened. I also went ahead and hooked up a wire to the unlock wire so that I could hook that up to the 2nd pulse relay so I am not sure if that has anything to do with the passenger door not working. Hopefully I didnt fry anything, but maybe I did. Is it possible to have priority unlocks? How do I fix my passenger switch?
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to say after cutting that wire and noticing that it didnt work properly I found another tan wire that showed +12v when unlocking but not locking.
shadowinfector 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
u have a s-10 blazer or a pick-up????
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
pickup
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock      lt. blue       +       brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the driver side.
Power Unlock      white       +       brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the driver side.
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
your tapping the wrong wires dude.......
The BCM is in the center console, below the radio.
CHEVROLET, S-10 PICKUP, 2004, Power Lock
The BCM is in the center console, below the radio.
To unlock just the driver door, use lt. green (-) at the BCM, lt. blue plug, pin A4.
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ya but that unlock wire does both doors, but at this point I think I might just hook it up there. I really am confused as to why the door switch on the passenger door doesnt work. All I did was cut a wire and then reconnect, in my mind it shouldnt have fried anything.
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
The white unlocks both and the lt blue locks both. I am not sure on that lt green. Right now if I can get my passenger door switch working I will be happy.
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
try testing the passenger door lock switch .....to see if anything is going through....make sure the doors are closed when u hit the switches because if the drivers door is open every other door will lock and unlock except the drivers....make sure the doors are closed
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Doors are closed and nothing...I'll test when I get to working.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic