icon

stereo wiring for 2004 4 runner w/ jbl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awilliams64 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone happen to have the radio wiring schematics for the replacing the radio in a non navigation model of the 04 4runner?  
awilliams64 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
I actually was able to figure out this beast if anyone is interested.  There is no harness made for this vehicle.  There is also only one amp that runs the whole system including the sub and it is turned on digitally.  Many people have been asking for the same thing so here it goes.  The amp is in the passenger side rear  cargo area.  All the wires for the speakers are at the amp.  The front door speakers and tweeters are run off the same set of wires and crossed over in the door. So there is your front right and left.  The rear doors are also on their own set of wires left and right.  The front center channel also has its own wires.  The rear tweeters in the pillars are wired for a mono signal out of the amp.  The subwoofer is a dual 2.5 ohm voicecoil driver that has 4 wires at the amp itself.  There is the breakdown of this system.  I installed a Pioneer avic-n1 nav system today and it sounded awsome compared to the stock system.  I had to add a 4 channel amp to keep everything working.  I used 2 channels bridged to the sub and the other channels bridged to the center and the rear tweets.  The subwoofer sounded great for an 8.  It didnt shake the truck but it definitely made the system enjoyable to listen to.  If anyone has any questions let me know. 
siestapete 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have an 04 4runner that came with the 10spkr jbl factory system. I also have the avic-n1 in the front, but i didnt install it myself (i have become a certified installer SINCE then). the store did a shotty job, the rear tweets and sub dont make a peep, i doubt the center channer does either, passengers in the back complain the music is super quiet when its not in the front (possibly out of phase rear mids, not sure), and overall I have the avic. I also have a pioneer 760W amp under the driver seat and a 12" JL w3 in the back (soon to be replaced with 2 mtx 12" thunder9500s and mtx 1500W 1501D monoblock amp). im looking to do a quality re-install myself with custom speakermounts for better tweeter location and directionality, moving the jbl sub from the back to a custom center console, and custom sub enclosure, amp rack in the back. do you know the product numbers for any of the jbl equipment so i can design my crossovers right? the info youve posted already is a huge help. any other info would be great too. if you want, i can keep you uptodate with pics on the fabrication and install.
-pete aberg (siestapete@aol.com)
awilliams64 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
unfortunately i do not have any of the product numbers, i did this in a customers 4 runner and i had only one day to figure it all out and do it so i did not have time to do anything  but that.  This system sounds really good the way it is when you amp everything up as it should be.  The one thing i would do over is to run new wires to the rear tweets and make them separate left and right w/ the rear doors so you would basically have 1 rear component set for each side.  i would also use 2 4 channel amps for the mids and highs, one for the front stage and front center and one for the rear stage and factory sub.  This seems like it would be a good answer for anyone looking to do a good install w/ the factory equipment.  You on the other hand want to add more bass so this doenst really apply to you.  Just get yourself  some good amps to run your highs so you will not get any noise!! You should have a rockin system.  Also instead of relocating the factory sub i would probably try to get some really good components for up front and use them for some really good midbass out of the doors, that way you wont have to cut up your center console and keep it looking clean and basically stock from the outside.  A stock looking system stays in your car alot longer than a flashy look at me system if you know what i mean..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic