the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clif Designs new amps?Subzone Enclosures?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
munchichee 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have been away from installing for about 5 years so I haven't kept up with new models etc...Anyone have any experience with the new Clif Designs Amps? I'm looking to replace an Ample Audio A240x on 2 CompVR 12’s (4ohm dvc) and my local distributor started carrying the new Clif products. I've got a Memphis parametric eq in now and it sounds decent, but I don't trust this Ample Audio crap in the long run.
I was leaning towards the CD500A (375Wx2 @ 2ohms) or the CD960HC (380Wx2 @ 2ohms) but I wanted to get some feedback before buying them. I know the CD500A is a class AB but I wanted to try to avoid the high current amp.
Clif Designs amps
The subs are in a generic sealed enclosure but that's getting scrapped when new amps are installed in my Infiniti I30t. Subzone makes a custom vented box for the CompVR subs tuned to 38hz but it is pricy, anyone know if its worth the $$$?
Clif Designs new amps?Subzone Enclosures? - Last Post -- posted image.Clif Designs new amps?Subzone Enclosures? - Last Post -- posted image.
I've built plenty sealed boxes, but I'm hesitant about building a vented design - plus I don’t think the subs will take almost 400W in a vented enclosure for too long.
Any suggestions on the amps or the box?
munchichee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
Ok nobody installed these amps lately? What about MA Audio supposedly being the same parts/manufacturer as the Clif products? Can these new MA amps keep up with the performance/efficiency/stability of high end amp manufacturers like Phoenix Gold, Soundstream, JL, and Orion... etc? (Ok and Kicker and RF is you must) because that’s mostly what I dealt with back in the day.
munchichee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
you can't tell me nobody has every hooked up a clif designs amp or put 2 comp vr's in a subzone box. wtf?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic