icon

what way to face subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpine7995 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  

ok i have a 94 jeep grand cherrokee with a alpine 7995, 2 two channel amps for the front and rear, and an older 6 channel for the 2 jl audio subs i have now ok im upgrading to 2 mrv-m1001's and 2 12 in alpine type x subwoofers and im gonna have a sealed box and the back of the box is gonna b pexiglass with neons inside im wondering if i should have the front of the sub facing tword the seats or the rear i was gonna face then facing the seats and make a custom 2 level amp rack with top pexiglass and the second lawer would b the amps and them the wires would b goin through the wood to the botton layer for my set up. btw the amp rack is gonna have 3 led pulling fans and 3 led puching fans and the amp rack is gonna have neons inside it im 14 and im gonna make all of this and im really good at car audio for my age, dont think of me as some dumb ass kid cause i love car audio!!what way to face subs? - Last Post -- posted image.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Since you seem to know what you're doing, you should have no trouble trying it both ways and use what works best.  Since it also seems you are going for a light show as much as (or more than) a loudspeaker system, your question may be moot.  If you put lights in your system and you need them to show off, then face the speakers so you see the light, eh?
Support the12volt.com
jakediggity 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

Where are you getting this money?  And are you the driver of this car or the destined driver for this car.  I'm just wondering, I'm not trying to discourage you, and keep up with car audio its a great hobby or career in many cases.

alpine7995 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
yea my mom is getin me the money and im the destined driver oh yea im the kind of spoild kid.
alpine7995 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
but the back seat is at an angle and the box is not gonna b a rectangle i was gonn ahve the front of the subs b fluch on the back of the seat
Jay T 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
if the box is mobile and not bolted down try both ways like DYohn said.  Which ever way gives you room is good too.  A lot of people put there box facing the rear with the subs right up against the rear hatch or trunk.  This is no good because after the sub flex and movement it pushes air and then just smashes into the rear.  A little ways back from the rear improves the sound and volume over all.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic