icon

jl audio or kicker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Aszkutak450 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys new on here im jw what would be better: the JL Audio HObp110-W3v2 which is the bandpass with a 10w3 in it or the Kicker VS10L7 which is the loaded box with a kicker l7

which of these would b better for my 2001 explorer sport trac? i was going to put it on the back seat? the jl is 350 bucks while the kicker is 500.... or if somebody has another idea...although i would like to stay below 500 bucks for the sub itself...thanks

also....what amp could i use for this....does anyone know anything about profile amps?? i saw a one that would push 300 rms x2 for around 150 bucks? willthis b good enough? in the case of the kicker which handles 500x, it can be bridged to 450ish

tell me what u all think thanks

email me back please ASzkutak450@Adelphia.net

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Do a whole pile more learnig first before you head out and spend your hard earned money. FInd out what "bandpass" means and why it is not a good choice. I hope you are going to be securing the box down as well, it is a missile in an accident. Once you choose your sub and it's box, it will determine the proper type of amplifier. While I could (and most others) post what you should look at, this does not teach you anything, thus I could recommend the biggest POS in history and some might believe me. While I would never do this, you never know who is posting something that would. What kind of sound are you interested in, loud or good sounding. Is there a stock cd player or is it aftermarket. Are the other speaker amplifier and have they been changed. What kind of tunes do you listen to. These are all important question that need to be answered in order to aid you in your selection.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

"Bandpass"  = Sub woofer box w/ plexi glass and chromed trimmings.

Statistics showing out of 100 people, choosing ported, bandpass, sealed showing a recorded percantage as shown : 45%,20%, 35%.  
This statistic can be found, by searching  using :  sub box  statistic

Aszkutak450 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

my stock cd player is 6 disc pionner with amp making 50wattx4 rms i believe, the door speakers r fine and LOUD, just the stock sub sucks...i want it to be AS LOUD AS I CAN FOR AS LITTLE AS I CAN  lol i just want basss so ppl can hear me before seeing me, sq isnt that important thats why i was looking at the L7......

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
if you want loud i'd jump to 12's from a 10, and port whatever choice you decide apoun, imo ;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic