icon

Code Alarm CSI-300 Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LqDFx 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

I am getting ready to install my alarm this weekend, but as I read through the manual I have a question. On one page it talks about the starter interrupt:

"Ground when armed Output to starter: Using the supplied start interrupt relay, cut the vechiles starter (crank) wire at the ignition switch and maket the connection in the diagram."

Then it says the following 3 pages later:

"Ground Output when disarmed (-):  The ORANGE / white wire care be used to trigger an optional normally open type starter interrupt circuit. It can not be used to interrut any other circuit that the vehical's starter."

Do I have to use both Ground when Armed and when disarmed wiring? Is one to keep the car from being hotwired when the alarm is on and one when it is diarmed? The second will become hot when the key is inserted? They both use relays, the first with the included relay and the second with a store bought relay.

Diagrams can be found at http://www.codl.com/manuals/installation/CSI-300_IM.pdf in the manual (pages 4 and 7)

ranquist 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
ok when you wire the relay 85 or 86 can be used with the ORANGE / white wire. One of them needs to be connected to ignition with key on, in other words if 85 is connected to the ORANGE / white then 86 on the relay needs to be connected to ignition with key on. 87a can go to keyside of starter wire and 30 can go to motorside.
ranquist 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

sorry ,....if you use the ORANGE / white, one side of the ignition wire has to be on 87 not 87a. It looks like you can have 2 relays one while armed one while disarmed. Orange is for a relay when armed, ORANGE / white is for another relay while disarmed.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic