the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Toyota 555f bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
irvingl 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed my old Valet 552T remote starter in my 1999 Camry.  I have used this same device on three vehicles so far.  (The car finally rusts out from under me but the remote keeps on working.)  Anyway, with the use of this forum and my factory mauals I was able to install the the remote without too much hassle.  Now to make it work without the key in the ignition! LOL.

I have the 555f bypass module but even with all the factory manuals I am unsure of where to splice into the "keysense" wire.  This model Toy has the ignition switch in the dash.  There are two black wires that power the courtesy ring light and two others (brown and green) that go to the transponder coil.  I would appreciate opinions on which way to approach this.  Instructions that are more detailed to this vehicle rather than the generic ones that came with the module would be great.  I am hesitant to start "grounding" wire(s) that come off of the coil.  I have read elsewhere in this forum some real horror stories.  thanks for your help.

irvingl 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

I think I have answered at least part of my question.  The transponder amplifier unit consists of the loop and all associated wiring.  It is NOT involved with the efforts of the 555f bypass.

KEYSENSE is what is needed for the bypass to work  Duh, It is slowly sinking in.  I need to hook up the (diode isolated) blue wire from bypass unit to the wire from the switch that is activated when a key is inserted into the ignition switch.

If my understanding is not too far off, the blue wire from the 555f simply makes the ECM think there is a "virtual" key in the switch.  Then the properly programmed capsule being near the transponder loop makes the ECM think that the "virtual" key is a legitimate key.

Am I beginning to get a clue?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic