icon

Need opinions on subs with budget

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'm going to replace my current RFP3812 with something that can push more and louder. I'm currently looking at getting the Rockford RFD2112, the Hifonics Zeus HZ12, MB Quart QM 300.92, MB Quart RWC 304, or the Diamond Audio CM312D4. I'm open for suggestions but I am on a kinda tight budget because I'm getting killed by car insurance cuz my preimium went up due to a performance upgrade I did on my car which made it 'more sporty' as those bastereds at the insurance co. said. Anyway, my budget is only $100-$150 for a single 12". I'm lookin to get the best bang for my buck with a .94cuft sealed box. I'm also lookin for a 4 or 8 Ohm load as I want a stable platform so I'd prefer something that can be bridged into my amp (puts out like 400 RMS 800 Max). Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated greatly! Thx in advance peepz
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
If you are looking for SQ bass as well, I wouldn't suggest getting the RFD2112 (I have 2 of them). I managed to get some decent SQ out of them, but I know I could have done a looooot better with some different subs. But if you are just looking for some pounding bass, then you'll be fine with this sub.
Have you looked at Adire Audio Shivas? Nothing flashy, about equal xmax as the RFD2112, but supposed to have some nice SQ. Just throwing it out there for you.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic