icon

Siren Chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
91tonaman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

FIrst off I am new to the group so hello everybody.  The site is amazing source of information Siren Chirp -- posted image.!

Now on to my problem.  I have a Prostart 5060 remote start/alarm system installed in my car (91 Chrysler Daytona).  The arm/disarm chirps however sound like whistles instead of chirps?! The original siren that came with the unit sounded like a bird dying so i changed it for a DEI 514N siren (soft chirp is still enabled).  Does anyone have any idea why the chirps sound so bad?  It is kind of embarasing having an alarm sound like that.  I think it is the output from the prostart brain...seems to be a flakey alarm.

Thanks for the help!

midnightmike 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
get used to it they all do it, the prostart is from canadian tire,  autostart makes them for CT, there pretty much the same but the prostart uses sh*tty relays, but u can change the chirp time on it, its in the manual
91tonaman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info!   I changed the siren timing and it sounds a whole lot better now :) (like a normal alarm)

I think I may try to change the alarm for a different type soon but I don't know where to buy just the alarm.  I like installing my own electronics but every store I;ve gone to except CT won't sell it to me.  Any ideas of where to go?

jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

I use a place over the internet. They are very reliable and always took care of me. I have already spent thousand and they are by far one of the cheapest.

http://www.bndonline.com/caralarms.html

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic