icon

Jensen 4 channel amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xploder21 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
The subs are 400 W RMS each @ 4 ohm and are audiobahn c series 10's. The jensen amp can run them at 2 channel bridged @ 2 ohms as well as 4 ohm. I am on a tight budget and my 6" pioneer sepakers are 100 W max and my 6 X 9's are 120 W max. I think I would blow them using the amp for that. I was planning on using the jensen for now and saving my money for a better amp.
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

What model is your amp?  I’m running a XA 4150 "600 watts".. umm yeah.  Anyways, ive used this in several cars and never blown a speaker.  It is 75x4 RMS or in Jensen talk 150x4 (hence 600watts). I use the secret "gain" adjustment and the crossovers  to keep from blowing the components(crossovers are a Jensen amp exclusive, no other brand even knows how to design crossovers).  The amp has been able to blow any components ive ever ran with it, if i set the gain and crossover up to do so.  Anyhow, seems like your set in what you want.  Are you sure the amp is rated at 2ohms in bridged? and not 2ohms stereo? and 4 ohms bridged?  However like i stated, my Jensen is not rated 2ohm bridged, but it does it.

xploder21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Its a PS745 i think. The booklet of info says it can go 4 ohm bridged and 2 ohm bridged.
xploder21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

I got new subs 1100W Max dual voice coil

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic