icon

Alpine Bandpass box - SBS-1041BP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MoneyPit 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, new to site and must say I love it.

After building the 418 stroker motor for my '90 F150 Super Cab, well it's a bit loud (with the dual 3" exhaust).  Every time someone rides with me they want me to turn up the stereo because you can't  hear any bass.

What I have now;

Kenwood HU (love it by the way) / Sony XM1002HX  amp / 2 older 10"  Kicker subs in a ported truck type box. After finding this site I learned that Sony.....well.....sucks!  A week later the amp started blowing fuses (SUPRISE!).

Now the plan.......Completely replace the amp and box......the problem is I have zero time to build a proper box thus I am looking for a quality (gasp) prefabbed box, either loaded or not. I found that Alpine has a single 10" Bandpass box (model# SBS-1041BP ). 

Has anyone used one of these?  If so, I will get it and a Fosgate P3001amp to power it.

If not, can you recommend a prefabbed box and subs with a $300 (on the high side) budget?  

I'm not looking to shake the earth, the truck does that, I just want to be able to hear and feel the bass over the truck. Being able to hear it a few feet away from it would be nice too. :-)

Bill
System in progress:
2 Kicker KX400.1's - 945w RMS
2 12" P3's in a ported box built by local shop
1 Kicker KX250.2 to drive the mids and highs
1 set Alpine SPR-136A for mids & highs
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
How about two 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 subs, and a dual box (if you can fit it in your truck) or two smaller truck boxes that can go on either side of the seats. If you order on crutchfield you can get the two subs and dual box for $200.96 (that includes shipping). Or....you could get a single 12" Alpine Type R, and put it in a single truck box.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
you may be much happyer with a SBR-102CR or the SBR-122CR, they udderly pound, feed the 12" box 500 rms and you will be scrambleing for ear plugs.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
MoneyPit 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the responces guys.

I did some searching and found that all the boxes come with the lower end subs, if you can call any RF or Alpine subs low end  lol.  Generally, I didn't like the specs on them. So now I'm just going to get 2  Kicker CVR10-4 powered by the RF P3001 and throw in my current box for now.  As time allows I will build or have a proper box built.

Bill
System in progress:
2 Kicker KX400.1's - 945w RMS
2 12" P3's in a ported box built by local shop
1 Kicker KX250.2 to drive the mids and highs
1 set Alpine SPR-136A for mids & highs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic