icon

switch between two audio inputs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shmoppy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to figure out what my options are for getting multiple audio inputs into my system. I'm new to car audio so I'm not sure what is available on the market. Is there an amp or some other equipment with two sets of RCA/line inputs and some way to switch between them?

thanks!

switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
you should explain exactly what you are trying........if you are just trying to switch between amps you can just put the remote wires on a switch and turn them off and on.
2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
zane9000 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

youve got a few options. goto radioshack and ask them to show you but basicly you  can get a push button switch that will control either 2 or4 devices (the 2 device is 14.99 and the 4 way is 24.99) however with this configuation you would have to have the switch within reach. there are also remote control version where you could mount it in the back of the car if you wanted but you would have to put in line of sight witht the front seat beacuse it works off a remote control this option goes for about 49.99 (i think). you last option is an auto sensing deal wich will automaticaly switch to a device when you turn it on. this is very cool since you can just throw it under a seat or somthing but you still have to turn each device on and off to switch it i think that one goes for around 99.99. btw the remote controlled and the auto sensing are both 4way selectors. if you want to get these and your local radioshack is full of idots that cant help you, feel free to call my store @ 408-265-4500 and well be sure to get you the right thing. also if you need wiring diagrams i would be willing to draw somthing up for you and post it here if you wanna tell us exactly what your trying to do.

~Warren

I had Cheetos and wine for dinenr.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic