icon

system setup ok or not

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xavierny25 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

this is set up for my chevy astro van (1998)    sony cdx-m8800 head unit ,1 kicker kx350.2 ,1 kx250.2,1 sony xm-ds1300p5 sub amp,1kiker s10l7 sub,2 sets of infinty 6 1/2ref 6000cs with tweeter and cross overs. this does sound s like a good set up to me but i havent been able to fine tone this sytem can any one help me out on that.i have had this car for about two years and finally desided to do some thing with it.my power line is 4 gauge to a fused distrabution box,all amps are 8 gauge the sony amp has a 1 farad cap by rockford fosgate that i add when my lights started dimming,my ground is also 4 gauge but only 2 feet long because i have it also on a distabution block .from the amps to this i have 8 gauge also 2 feet long.my remote wire is on a relay that i installed for just in case.my infinty components are set up in the front and rear bpecause i like to have a sort of surround sound when im back there just chillin.               

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
i would suggest upgrading your headunit to a better Unit, i've read alot of the higher end pioneers sound nice, i was fairly impressed with 1 clarion model i saw in used a few days ago.
you could almost go in any direction to fine tune the system, i guess whatever you feel you need from it, you upgrade that area specifically.
definitely a deck imo for quality music
Esco1977 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
i got a set of pioneer 6x9's in my 97astro in just regular boxes mounted on each wheel well and they sound sick as hell
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
They shouldn't be in boxes.  Look through some recent posts for a discussion on this.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
check my thread
New box = bad bass
or somethin like that. ;/
im puttin holes in my box's now *grumbles*
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
If there were 1 thing I'd change on your system, it'd be the sub amp. 2nd thing would be the hu. Other wise - what exactly are you looking for your system to do? Does it not sound clean, or do you want more volume, or a more seperated (or tightened up) soundstage, etc.?
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
All in all its a sound system. The Sub amp isn't top of the line, but I have heard these amps and they push good but your output could be better. As for the HU, the M8800 is probably the best HU that sony has to offer. I'm a pioneer guy but have used plenty of sonys in my day and I can't knock the new sony's (imparticularly the M680 and the 8800 models). The older xplods are crap though so if these new ones have the same life expectancy dont expect that unit to last more than a year or 2. Your sub is a very good choice and ur infinites are excellent, the other smaller amps are kicker so they get a good vote too system setup ok or not -- posted image. kicker rocks. Anyway, thats my 2 dollars and 24 cents
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah hey,

the infinities and kickers are just great, and sorry for the slam on your equipment, dude. Sony's just gotten themselves a bad name, and I hope you have good luck with it. I try not to slam on anyone's equipment, because if you like it who am I to say otherwise? I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who don't like mine, and I don't care what they say, so you shouldn't either. Listen to what sounds good to you.

You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

My question is:  what are you looking to improve?  What do you feel are weak spots in your system?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
xavierny25 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

well i feel that the hu is doing well for my set up and the infinity components sound really good my next project is to add 2 head rest moniters and a flip down for the 3rd row sound good right,as for that sub amp its pushing the kicker very well for now anyway.on my sony hu i have a aux out can this be used for my play station and moniters or will i have to by a fm modulator to put this together?

thanxs guys for the help

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic