RFR3110’s installed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2004 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys

I finished my new amp rack fabrication and Rockford Fosgate Power RFR3110's install this weekend.  Everything went great. I am VERY IMPRESSED by the performance of the subs. They are exactly what I was looking for. I built the sealed enclosure exactly to spec with 3/4" MDF with a double layer up front for sub mounting strength. The magnet alone weighs 206 ounces so It needed to be strong. I also used 8ga power wire for sub wiring.

My digital camers is in for warranty so I took pics with film. When I develop them I'll scan them and post a few pics.

A cool thing I noticed about the RF's when they are pounding, is that the front logo becomes like a hologram and the image floats out in front of itself. Looks very cool.  I found myself staring and giggling like a kid. My neighbors must think I'm addicted to bassRFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image.

Again, I am very impressed by the subs and would highly recommed them to anyone who wants/needs extreme bass.  But as TeamRF and XtreamCC said earlier, you need major power for these. They are 1000RMS and 2000PEAK.

boom, boom, boom boom....
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to see someone else is impressed by the 3110's. I told you you'd fall in love with them. I miss mine but I dont miss the blood drip'n from my ears so do take the nessisary precaustions, you know, like not sitting in it car when its at full blast, that was pretty stupid of me, at that rate I'll be deft by the time I'm 21 RFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image.
Anyway, what are you powering them with? If your getting madddd bass and the little rockford logo going crazy you have to have some real juice going to em RFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2004 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

I am running 2 kicker 1200.1's for the subs and a 300.4 for the mids/tweets. Full 0ga to amp as well as from the 200amp alternator to SP1700 battery.  The voltage doesn't drop below 14 and usually stays at 14.4volts. That is a reading from the trunk and its the same at battery.

I set the gain with a digital voltmeter and is correct with knob about half way. THANKS "whoever" that was that taught me how to do that.

Next I would like to build 2 fiberglass enclosures like Xtreemcc or TeamRF has (I forgot which one of you has thisRFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image.). One on each side of trunk/rear wheelwell.

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2004 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Not me, I had a single backfiring enclosure. But my next system's gona have 2 wheel well enclosures. Anyway, when I read 2 Kicker 1200.1's I thought to myself 'good boy!' Got them suckers pounding like there's no tomarrow I bet!
Anyway, your setup sounds tight, you need to get us some pictures RFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

It must be TeamRF's ride that has the custom fiberglass enclosures on each side.

I cant'  take any digital pics til I get my camera back but I'll take in the roll of film this week and then post some pics. I think the pic I took of the big 8000 mtx beside the monsterous rfr is going to look rediculous. Maybe I can get someone to come take a quicktime movie of them poundin so everyone can see the hologram effect of the RF logo. I dont even own a video cam right now so I can't myself. I think my digital cam takes 40 second movies with a bigger memory card, but I'll have to check that out when it gets back from warranty repair.

aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
oooooooh, I wanna see!!!! How are you gonna angle your subs towards the back? Mine kinda fire towards the center-corner of my trunk lid. Don't know if it's the angle or the fact that it fires directly into the trunk, but it does wonders for my in-car bass.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

I uploaded a short clip of the RFR's poundin'.

There is also a black carpeted wall that encloses so amps are not visible. 1200.1's are back to back and amp-strapped. One 300.4 for mids and tweets. Batcap and Voodoo caps. Next I will be Trying to be like "Aggie Altima" and making my side enclosures of fiberglass too  RFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image. I will also change to US amps at that time.

http://members.aol.com/bigolde/POUNDIN

RFR3110’s installed - Last Post -- posted image.

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2004 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  

Here's what it looks like with amps concealed. I also have a fan cooling system going to keep things from getting too hot.

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2004 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic