icon

Cliffard Solaris Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I installed a cliffard solaris on a friends 99 Expedition,  I'm new to cliffard b/c our shop only carries, alpine, crimestopper, compustar, and autopage alarms, but anyway... everything works, here are the issues..

if he arms his truck then remote start it the solaris goes off, w/ a 4 chirp doorpin that triggered it.  The door trigger i used was at the dome light relay, negative.  it also has doem light supervision connected which is a must for my friend. door trigger goes off and he said the lights do not come on upon remote start.
Issue 2 . when he remote starts it and the alarm goes off, after he disarms it then rearms it it gives him 4 chirps thinking the door in open, once again no dome light comes on at any time.

other info - I got the door pin at the keyless module but the alarm would false every 20 min on the dot like some fords do such as mustangs etc.. i could wire a relay to prevent the false, but dome light supervision would not work b/c it uses the doorpin wire as the dome light supervision also. anyway I've done installed on a few expeditions and a bunch of f150s and i always use that relay and i've had no issues... installing compustars tho... anyway

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric.

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly, the dome light trigger in this vehicle is (+).  Here's the info for that truck:   http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=2706&product=Remote%20Start
Do it right the first time
dBDevil 
Copper - Posts: 38
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

The door trigger and dome light wires are different. I always do the relay to prevent the falsing door trigger pulse. 

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Make:   Ford
Model: Expedition
Year:    1999
Alarm
Constant 12 volts YELLOW & GREEN/ VIOLET IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts D BLUE/L GREEN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter RED / L BLUE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light BLACK/ L BLUE (+) 16 PIN CONN. IN PASS. KICK PANEL
Trunk Pin Switch SAME CIRCUIT AS DOME LIGHT WIRE
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH *
Power Lock PINK / YELLOW PASSENGER KICK #201
Power Unlock PINK/L GREEN PANEL
* BROWN (+) Wire For Park Lights Is Also Found In A BLACK 8 Pin Connector In The Driver Kick Panel. #201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic