icon

AVIC-N1 and more install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Alright...here goes. I recently switched from the 7500DVD to the Pioneer AVIC-N1 unit. Doing this, loses 5.1 sound, and TV tuner. SO, I have the DEQ-P8000 Digital Processor, and AXM-P8000 Contoller unit, and GEX-P6400TV Tuner. How the hell do you hook the bunch together lol? I Found somewhere on the Pioneer site, saying thoseunits were what I need to restore the 5.1 capability. I assumed it would be at least a LITTLE obvious to hook up. Right now, I on't even care about the TV tuner. I just want my sound back! I have the Digital Out from the AVIC going to Opt 1 on the DEQ, and the IP bus from the AVIC master unit going to it as well. I also have the non-fading output of the AVIC going to the Main In RCAs on the AXM controller, and then from there to the MAIN RCAs on the DEQ. I have (right now) two sets of RCAs for front and rear going from the DEQ output to the amps. And I have no sound whatsoever. The AVIC powers up great, and the Contoller comes on with it's fancy dolphin displays and what not. but I have no sound. Has anyone else tried this yet, and if so, any ideas? I be stuck!
(and I really dont want to have to re-install the 7500DVD back in, since now I am on a mission to MAKE this thing work the way it should!!! lol)
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol
CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok, it's official. I'm a moron lol. Basically, the DEQ-8000 wasn't receiving power (blown fuse up the line). I do have to do some heavy tweaking, and fact-finding. Anyone know how to get the AXM-P8000 to recognize Digital input? According to the manual, there are like, nine different "sources" it can grab, but all I get are Analog 1 and Analog 2 (which is where my sound is coming from). I do have the digital cable hooked up, but I don't seem to get it run that way. Without it seeing the digital input, I think it's holding back the center channel speaker. If anyone knows how to get that working, please help a guy out! thanks!
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic