icon

Clifford and Viper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stylinhonda04 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

Im new to car security, and have just had crappy alarms on past cars.  It is time for a good alarm for my 2000 Civic EX.  I know that Clifford and Viper are owned by the same people.  But I am looking at the Viper 690VX 

Clifford and Viper -- posted image.

And the Clifford Matrix RSX 2.5

Clifford Matrix 2.5X 2-Way Security System with Responder Technology

Clifford and Viper -- posted image.                Clifford and Viper -- posted image.

What one is a better alarmor are they exactly the same?  I like the Clifford remote better.  I have seen some of the Viper remotes come in white.  When orderd an alarm how do you know what color alarm remote you are getting?  And the most important question, where is the best place to order one of these offline?  I have been looking for good reputable sites but cant seem to find any.  Thank you in advance for the help

Looking for Viper or Clifford 2 way
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

these are the same units... the Viper Responder remote only comes with a blue body... i sell lots of the Clifford units and people seem to like the carbon fibre look better.....

if you were here in Canada i'd hook you up....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Stylinhonda04 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

Damn wish I was in Canada.  Are you sure about the blue only thing?  I was looking here and the white remote is shown.  I think its just plain ugly.  I really like the clifford remote better (not just because of the cf look lol) What alarm is more expensive the clifford or viper? 

http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_2594.html#

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

thats the old model with the old, problematic 478 remote.... make sure you are buying the new model with the new generation remotes... they will be Black for Python, Blue for Viper or carbon fibre for Clifford.....

price will vary by dealer but i suspect you'll find the Viper a little cheaper....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Stylinhonda04 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanx for that info lol, I dont wana buy an old model.  Just for the hell of it how much could you hook me up for with the viper and or the clifford?  How much can you get them for in US money.  Id really like the Clifford but if its a lot more then ill just go with the Viper.  Could you maybe email me with how much you could get me one for?  Stylinhonda04@aol.com.  I can not find a good site with new stuff.  Im looking for the Viper 690 and the Clifford 2.5 2-way.  The ones without the remote start.  Thanx man
lilboi 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
you don't want auto start? get the clifford 3.5 man...
Stylinhonda04 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
I wont really ever use it, and I dont wana mess u nd leave my car in gear. Not really worth the exta money IMO for my use. Should I go with the clufford or Viper.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic