icon

sub enclosure on Liberty roof

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruzj35 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

I'm just getting into custom fiberglass work and have tried to get ideas together on what I want done in my vehicle (Jeep Liberty).  I need the cargo space so I was thinking of putting the sub enclosures on the roof at the back of the Jeep.  I don't know if that's a good idea so if anybody has a suggestion on that let me know!  Also, if it is a good idea should I lay the first layer of glass over the upholstrey (after doing the tape and tinfoil prep)? 

This will be my first project by the way so any help would be appreciated.  I'm basically doing this on everything I've learned on the internet for the past month and a half.  I saw a post with this weblink for a tutorial and it has some good info!  http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

Thanks
Jomar
cruzj35 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
 if you were confused by roof in the above post, I actually meant the cealing in the back of my jeep!!!! sorry!
Thanks
Jomar
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

You know that sounds like a good space saving idea.  I think you may want to think about a few things though:

1.  How to make a mold on the celing of your jeep (3m spray adhesive will secure the fiberglass mat but once you hit it with the resin, will the mat continue to stick?)

2.  How thick will you make this enclosure & how heavy will it be? 

3.  How will you secure this heavy box to the ceiling?

Honestly, I think it can be done but you may have to plan this out pretty good.  Im sure we will have more input/comment/suggestions in this topic pretty soon to help you along the way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic